Yeah... don't know where to go next weekend - help

DOSS

out
So my wife decided that we are going backpacking next weekend (hopefully nothing comes up and causes a cancellation again).... Anyhow I really don't know where I want to go so some Ideas would be helpful this time around. Leave Friday return Sunday - fishing would be cool

And suggestions GO!

Just did a quick trip to Bench lake with my wife. The bugs were about a 1 on the 1-10 scale. What kind of distance are you after ??

from talking to the wife she wants a solid day in - say 10 or so.. then hang out at camp on saturday, hike, fish etc.. then Hike out on Sunday

I'd hit one of the north slope drainages of the Uintas and go all the way back. Ryder/McPheters, Allsop/Priord, Dead Horse or Red Castle. Not sure which of those you've already done but they're the best of the best in my opinion. On the south slope, Four Lakes Basin offers similar mileage and good day hike opportunities and is also very pretty.

Looks like Ryder it is... now to make the stars align and the world cooperate with my plans

If you stay down by Ryder, there's a killer spot on the SE corner of BR-17, the tiny lake just south of Ryder. Nice rock patio with killer views of Hayden. Or even better, go camp by McPheters. Its mostly above treeline but there are some decent spots to be had up there.

If you stay down by Ryder, there's a killer spot on the SE corner of BR-17, the tiny lake just south of Ryder. Nice rock patio with killer views of Hayden. Or even better, go camp by McPheters. Its mostly above treeline but there are some decent spots to be had up there.

Good to know.. think I am going to stay in the trees as we are going Hammock style... :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Miya Snowy Miracle on The Strip, Oh Yeah and Valley of Fire Everything Else 12
forest dweller You guys keep a backpacking gear checklist in Microsoft Word you don't mind sharing? General Discussion 13
J Identify the spot Utah: I don't know where it is General Discussion 2
Parma Pssst, don't tell anyone but Canyonlands is opening up General Discussion 3
Glasterpiece Writing a trip report. I don't know how to do that but would like to know. General Discussion 14
D South Coyote Buttes. We are going to put in at Lone Tree Reservoir because we don't have 4wd but we want to make it to White Pocket. Trip Planning 30
o2bav8 A little bit of everything & don't drive on blue clay when wet Hiking & Camping 18
Rockskipper Going canyoneering? Don't forget the dish soap. General Discussion 0
Rockskipper How close have you been to a wild animal that could eat your lunch (marmots don't count)? General Discussion 26
gnwatts Don't get mad, get even. General Discussion 32
dug When things don't go just as planned. Bikepacking, backpacking, packrafting Escalante. On The Water 0
Nurrgle Don't Fret Utah Friends, The Animas River is Safe General Discussion 2
o2bav8 Cows & slot canyons don't mix General Discussion 0
ruffterrain Please don't be hatin' on me cuz i'm from Pennsylvania... Noobs: Introduce yourself! 20
Duke Arachnid Terracotta Army (don't look if you hate spiders) Photography 0
Aldaron Garfield Basin or "Don't ever let me hike here again" Backpacking 10
A Subway any way I can - don't laugh! Trip Planning 9
C WHERE TO GO IN MARCH? Trip Planning 2
P Packing your pack, what goes where? General Discussion 16
gnwatts Not sure where this is. General Discussion 8
Georgia Yankee Where to see/hear wolves Yellowstone NP backcountry in September? Trip Planning 16
regehr Dude Where's My Arch Hiking & Camping 8
montanaclimber Americans: where was your favorite international backpacking trip? Trip Planning 25
balzaccom Bear Canister...where does it go? Trip Planning 19
forest dweller Where to go, last minute, early August, with wife, for 2 weeks, with no backcountry permits? Trip Planning 25
TrektheWorld Where should I go this weekend? Trip Planning 7
Titans Matt took his trailer where? General Discussion 6
o2bav8 Where ever the wind blows Hiking & Camping 19
Miya International Backpacking: Where to Store my Junk? Trip Planning 11
mathew suggestions on where to go Trip Planning 1
Perry Can You Guess Where The Uintas Are? General Discussion 5
b.stark Maze 2017-But seriously, where are Steve's gummy bears? Backpacking 7
F Any where good? (in Texas) Trip Planning 4
Perry Dumb Question of the Day: Where is the northern gate on the Mirror Lake highway General Discussion 4
Perry Where's my trip report? Questions, Suggestions & Support 3
Dustin Gent where to go? 4 days Trip Planning 11
Jammer Where is this Arch? General Discussion 4
Jammer Where is it -- TV/Movie Edition General Discussion 13
Kullaberg63 Anyone know where this petroglyph is located? General Discussion 5
Bigred72 Prints and framing-Where to? Photography 3
Tye Dye Twins Where to Post Backcountry skiing stuff? Questions, Suggestions & Support 8
12trysomething VIDEO: Meandering Down The NPT...UhOh Where Are My Keys? Backpacking 1
Devo Where is this? General Discussion 13
steve Where are your favorite primitive camping spots near Capitol Reef/Torrey? General Discussion 6
Glasterpiece Where is it? General Discussion 2
Thomas Rasmuson Where do you get your gear? Gear 19
Thomas Rasmuson Where to go in the Uintas? Trip Planning 6
Duke Where are the top 25 Landscape photo locations Photography 13
Jammer Guess the Spot (not where you think) General Discussion 10
Nick Where to go... Trip Planning 17