WRHR: Day 2 - Cirque of the Towers to 'Desolation Valley'

I think where you went over PITA, thats the best...... we then went to the east and over what I call Shelia Pass by lake 11015 (shelia lk). Another trip from Lee with Oldbill we came down what I call Bonneville Pass to the NE side of lake 10828 (Bonneville lake)

FWIW, one of my favorite days last summer was the hike up the East Fork from the Fremont Trail/Washakie crossing. I chose to keep going up to Pyramid Lake to camp. The East Fork is a great hike starting from the "bottom". Something to consider for next time.

And I agree with @Bob having seen it, the Cirque is overrated :)

FWIW, one of my favorite days last summer was the hike up the East Fork from the Fremont Trail/Washakie crossing. I chose to keep going up to Pyramid Lake to camp. The East Fork is a great hike starting from the "bottom". Something to consider for next time.

And I agree with @Bob having seen it, the Cirque is overrated :)
I actually have another route marked up that takes that bottom up approach on. Basically goes something like this: Big Sandy > East Fork > Pyramid/Hailey Pass > Baptiste/Grave Lakes > Valentine Lake > Lizard Head/Papoose Lake > COT > Back to Big Sandy. I know others have done this or some close variations of it. Also have the option to extend the last part out to Bears Ears and swing up into Cathedral Lakes before backing back out and around to Papoose > COT > Big Sandy, if time permits. Would have to spend another full week on all that. Wife says I can do something big again this year to celebrate my 40th birthday coming up this summer. Probably have to take her along for the ride too though. Will have to see what we can pull off. Lots of options to consider near and far.:D

I actually have another route marked up that takes that bottom up approach on. Basically goes something like this: Big Sandy > East Fork > Pyramid/Hailey Pass > Baptiste/Grave Lakes > Valentine Lake > Lizard Head/Papoose Lake > COT > Back to Big Sandy. I know others have done this or some close variations of it. Also have the option to extend the last part out to Bears Ears and swing up into Cathedral Lakes before backing back out and around to Papoose > COT > Big Sandy, if time permits. Would have to spend another full week on all that. Wife says I can do something big again this year to celebrate my 40th birthday coming up this summer. Probably have to take her along for the ride too though. Will have to see what we can pull off. Lots of options to consider near and far.:D

I did a very similar trip in Sept. I'll eventually get a report together.

Wow! So beautiful! I really like the paintbrush flowers with your tent behind it! Can't wait to catch up and read the other TRs!