Wish it was snow!

Hopefully you won’t lose power … we’ll be experiencing wind chills in the range of -40 or so come Friday and Saturday.

It might seem silly for us southerners to get worked up over 1/2" of ice, but these live oaks weren't built for any ice and I'm painfully watching my friend's livecam as they lose half their tree branches. It was a beautiful habitat for elusive ringtail cats and tree-climbing gray foxes. I'm south of there so I missed the freeze-line cutoff by a few miles.

Ouch. Ice storms and cold are rough. 1/2" is heavy.

I lived in Quebec exactly 25 years ago... Luckily I was not in Montreal where power was out for much longer.
Ice storms are no joke.
But it is definitely not snow!

It might seem silly for us southerners to get worked up over 1/2" of ice, but these live oaks weren't built for any ice and I'm painfully watching my friend's livecam as they lose half their tree branches. It was a beautiful habitat for elusive ringtail cats and tree-climbing gray foxes. I'm south of there so I missed the freeze-line cutoff by a few miles.
Hopefully you won’t lose power … we’ll be experiencing wind chills in the range of -40 or so come Friday and Saturday.
W o w…the neighbors tree split and fell on th back fence…14 … in diameter…

Back