Wilson Peak and Mt Powell

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

I'm planning a trip to Red Castle area. My goal is to climb both Wilson Peak and Mt Powell. I would like to make a base camp somewhere near Lower Red Castle Lake. My plan is to summit Wilson, take the ridge over to Mt Powell. Traverse the 3 peaks of Powell and then drop down into Red Castle again. I'm wondering how difficult it is to climb down the west slope of Powell. Is there a safe way down? Is there a good source for detailed beta for this?

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Yes. Thank you. I saw the Summit Post source. I've also seen the West slope of Powell and it looks very steep. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice or experience.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk