Album Wildlife

that's for sure. But I was surprised to find this pothole still with a lot of water out there.

It is amazing how long water can last in our ephemeral pools. I imagine it is well ingrained within the minds of the frogs where these longest lasting ones are. Or they can somehow sense them.

Lone wolf tracks on top of our bike tracks from the night before as we rolled back to camp for the night in Montana.

cf15454098c7a7ec3f3f45bd28a13ebf.jpg
6f27014ae3ddc5c5cb8ae9fb9227e1fb.jpg

I kind of wish we would have seen the wolf...from a distance. I did hear it around 1:30AM.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Lone wolf tracks on top of our bike tracks from the night before as we rolled back to camp for the night in Montana.

cf15454098c7a7ec3f3f45bd28a13ebf.jpg
6f27014ae3ddc5c5cb8ae9fb9227e1fb.jpg

I kind of wish we would have seen the wolf...from a distance. I did hear it around 1:30AM.

Whereabouts in Montana? I was camped a week or so ago near the Crazies and heard a couple far in the distance late at night. I know there are several packs in that area.

Whereabouts in Montana? I was camped a week or so ago near the Crazies and heard a couple far in the distance late at night. I know there are several packs in that area.
We were camped between Elk Lake and Hidden Lake closer to Hidden Lake. They are off the Continental Divide bike route, close to the Idaho/Montana border.

Cheeky marmot...looking to still my breakfast.
1488a2a0d3542cf0e6f9a1e7f0f14699.jpg

He snuck up while I was looking at photos on my phone. He was close enough I could have reached out and pet him. Didn't want to...but I could have.