Album Wildflowers

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

b.stark

Forever Wandering
My favorite wildflower, locally, is the bloodroot. Often the first flower I see in the spring (though the last couple years it's been pasque flowers). A sign of hope that winter is truly over, and they are a brilliant single white flower that starts as a little tulip-like cup then opens to a wide white flower with a bright yellow center.

The root, as indicated by the name, is very red, especially when you slice it open.

Scott Chandler

Wildness is a necessity- John Muir
Some beauties from Coyote Gulch earlier this week.

Wild chives, a personal joy to find
--14.jpg

Sacred Datura, aka Moonflower, aka do not eat
--24.jpg

Prickly Pear of sorts
--49.jpg

And a COLUMBINE! It seemed early to see them to me, but I've never known when they pop up in the desert
--70.jpg

Scott Chandler

Wildness is a necessity- John Muir
Serendipity! I found the largest Claret Cup Cactus I've ever seen blooming yesterday. The flowers were so many and closely spaced that I thought they were someone's backpack from a distance. I imagine the cactus must weigh over 30 lbs, if not over 50. They're deceptive in their water weight.

IMG_20180507_102429.jpg

BJett

Mountain Laurel. Peaking right now in parts of the southeast.

IMG_8191.jpg

IMG_8332.jpg

IMG_8358.jpg