White Cloud route, Big Boulder Lakes to Boulder Chain Lakes

Snowpatch

I'm hoping to do a route this summer in the White Cloud Wilderness and would like to visit Boulder Chain Lakes and Big Boulder Lakes in one loop hike.
We would like to hike from Hidden Lake north to Island Lake, visit Big Boulder Lakes, then loop back south via Frog Lake .

I'm just wondering if anyone has information on the section from Hidden Lake or Hummock Lake over the divide to Island Lake.

I am planning a similar trip in August. I have a book on the subject and know a few people that have made similar trips. I'll check back with what I have tomorrow and pool info.

Check out the trip reports on http://idahoalpinezone.com/ - this guy has done a lot of routes in the Boulder / White Clouds. There's also a goat packer guy from Washington (or maybe from Idaho) that has done a lot of routes in that area too, he might have the beta on that. Let me see if I bookmarked his trip report website.

Ah, I think his name is Boise Larry. He or some of his friends occasionally post on NWHikers.net - search on "goat" and "White Cloud"

Sorry I can't offer more help - I haven't researched or attempted a route in the Bigs. All my Boulder Chain Beta stays in the Littles, and south & west of there.

Last edited:
Back