What's on your gear wish list?

Nick

-
Tis' the season to stock up on some new gear. What's on everybody's wish lists? I'm thinking about a new headlamp for starters. The Black Diamond ReVolt is tempting. I really dig the idea of being able to top of the batteries in between trips.

So what are you wishing for? Don't forget to post a link. :)

Hillebergs are decent tents. But the Rainbow is a lb lighter, more room. ...... and about half the cost. Not sure that Hilleberg model really being 4 season tho

The Black Diamond ReVolt is tempting. I really dig the idea of being able to top of the batteries in between trips.

I have one and like it. Only downside in my mind is that it doesn't achieve maximum brightness with the rechargeable batteries. On the plus side, I can charge it off my car stereo's USB port while in the field.

Still looking for the best deal on a big Agnes Fly Creek UL2. I'm hoping i'll end up in the money in my fantasy football league this year so I can make a few big upgrades.

Not really planning on anything for the holidays, but I'm planning on getting a Copper Spur UL3 next year with my REI dividend for Diane and I.

Reactions: Ben
Not really planning on anything for the holidays, but I'm planning on getting a Copper Spur UL3 next year with my REI dividend for Diane and I.

That's my plan too, except a UL2 probably.

That's my plan too, except a UL2 probably.

I already have the UL1 for myself, and it works great for that. We liked the extra room of the UL3 (plus it's rectangular footprint...it's not tapered like the UL1 & UL2) and it's still over a pound lighter than our current 2-person backpacking tent.

If I didn't already have the UL1, I'd probably consider the UL2 for just myself, though :)

Coper Spurs weigh a bit more than I'd like..... Code for $45 off the Spur at Backcountry dot com: 5BT-1-EGNQX. Works on some stuff not on others.

Coper Spurs weigh a bit more than I'd like..... Code for $45 off the Spur at Backcountry dot com: 5BT-1-EGNQX. Works on some stuff not on others.

They are the best true freestanding tents I've come across. Of course, I'm always willing to carry a little extra weight for comfort and ease of setup.

Thanks for the code, but I should have a pretty big dividend from REI in the spring that should cover the tent :)

lol ........... as long as someone is listening :)

Hillebergs are decent tents. But the Rainbow is a lb lighter, more room. ...... and about half the cost. Not sure that Hilleberg model really being 4 season tho
Well I'm hoping to buy both. The tarptent for the summer, and the Akto for the shoulder seasons. Mainly late springs and falls around Yellowstone and Glacier. I have a large 3 man Hilleberg, and have mixed opinions of it. The double walls really make it a warm tent, and its sturdy enough for where I plan to take it. I'm not sure how much I trust the Tarptent in winter weather. I'm sure they will hold up, but how comfortable will it be. I've never used one, but have hiked with others who love them.

My first DSLR camera, Packraft, Snowshoes, Radios, Keen water sandals . . . . I can go on if you're buying!

Lets see.... ULA Catalyst and Circuit, EE quilt, Patagonia Nano Puff, Zpacks Altaplex and a North Face Mica UL2 for starters:moses:

Back