What did you buy today?

Nanda

Shamelessly stolen from another fly fishing forum, think this would be a fun thread to show off your new purchases.

I recently purchased an ARB camp chair, it's bit bulky but super comfy and stable from limited tests at home.
10500100_1.jpg

Also just ordered foxwing awning from Rhino rack to put on my teardrop trailer. Can't wait to put it to use soon.
31100-Foxwing-Awning-02.jpg

Nice thread idea.
Recently bought this REI Kingdom 6 tent to replace my old Eureka tent for those outdoor weekends not spent on the trail. Really looking forward to some comfy camping nights.

a8fce4c2-bd46-4f81-a50e-c7caf57cd62a

And got this MSR Windburner backpacking cook system for Christmas
1f849c2e-3734-4078-a647-f1816f0132a2

@leatherman I have an older model Kingdom 6. It has been a great car camping tent for the 5 of us. It is nice to be able to stand up in a tent and there is a ton of space. Mine has seen lots of rain and a bit of rain and held up well. Hope you get lots of us out of yours.

Just arrived today a Slik Mini tripod (B&H pic). I wanted something small and light, basically easy to stick in a side pocket of a pack, but taller than my gorillapod. I'm a little bit skeptical, but it seems pretty solid. Hopefully, I don't end up wanting to spend lots on a carbon fiber tripod :)

Slik_611_806_Sprint_Mini_II_GM_1284399133000_614703.jpg

My Enlightened Equipment Revelation quilt just showed up last week!!!!!!!! I ordered it on their black Friday sale back in November. Each is made to order and they had so many orders it took a while to get mine. That's OK, I won't be using it until April at the earliest!

@wsp_scott I am in the market for a lighter and smaller tripod. The specs for the silk Mini look great and I would be interested to hear about your experiences with the new buy. Maybe a gear review is in order :)

I like my Feisol tripod. The carbon fiber legs are super light, it is the head that is heavy.

I like my Feisol tripod. The carbon fiber legs are super light, it is the head that is heavy.

Any problems with the legs becoming difficult to extend and close? My Feisol Tournament has gotten to the point that it's a huge pain in the ass to open and close...even after I have taken it apart and thoroughly cleaned/lubricated it. One of my twist locks is broken, too. I actually bought a Gitzo Mountaineer last week to replace it (which I'm liking a lot so far), though I am going to be sending it in to Feisol to see if they can recondition it so I can keep it around for backpacking since the Gitzo is a little bit heavier.

The Feisol lasted me for a good 6 years or so, but it was time to try something new...

same here, still use my feisol, even though I need another tripod in the future. My feisol got a bit beaten up shooting on the lava the last few months, but it still works. It's just my Really Right Stuff ballhead that makes it really heavy

I had some difficulty on my first one, but the one I have now has worked fine, never had any problems. Gitzo's are a little out of league right now. I used one for years, it was a beautiful thing.

There is some good stuff on this thread!

I've used a Gitzo Mountaineer tripod for over 12 years now, great piece of photo kit.

Nice new knife regehr. Spydercos are great. My knife I've been carrying lately has been in my possession for around 30 years now and is still one of the best ever...got it for 5 or 6 bucks at the Summit Hut in the mid '80s I think. 3.25" blade and really slices and it is less than 2 oz.
_MG_1611_DxO-2750CC.jpg

But yesterday I got a great deal on down quilts, went to Bed Bad and Beyond to help girlfriend get herself some new bath towels and came across the Packable Down Throw Blankets. They were on sale for 20 bucks but she had a stack of 20% off cupons and they took every one of them so the blankets came out to 16 bucks apiece. These weight 14.5 oz on my scale. I got three of them.

@wsp_scott I am in the market for a lighter and smaller tripod. The specs for the silk Mini look great and I would be interested to hear about your experiences with the new buy. Maybe a gear review is in order :)

I'm going to the Smokies for a couple nights the end of this week, hopefully I'll get a chance/reason to use the tripod.

@leatherman
Just arrived today a Slik Mini tripod (B&H pic). I wanted something small and light, basically easy to stick in a side pocket of a pack, but taller than my gorillapod. I'm a little bit skeptical, but it seems pretty solid. Hopefully, I don't end up wanting to spend lots on a carbon fiber tripod :)

Slik_611_806_Sprint_Mini_II_GM_1284399133000_614703.jpg

I have that same tripod for backpacking. I swapped out the head for a little manfrotto head but I'm not sure it was really worth it. It's a pretty good tripod for what it's for.

This thread is cool. Support BCP by also posting links to places that the items are commonly purchased (Amazon, REI, Backcountry, etc..). ;)

LRM_EXPORT_20170129_084925.jpg

I had been eyeing this for a while. Trying to get my backpacking load lighter, and this one is over 2 pounds lighter than my Osprey. It's 60L, but it really seems like it can hold a fair bit more than my 65L Atmos. Looking forward to testing it out!

I got it at the backcountry warehouse in West Valley, but here's the link to it!

Last edited:
View attachment 52115

I had been eyeing this for a while. Trying to get my backpacking load lighter, and this one is over 2 pounds lighter than my Osprey. It's 60L, but it really seems like it can hold a fair bit more than my 65L Atmos. Looking forward to testing it out!
Jackson, which osprey is it lighter than? How do you view the suspension and waist belt padding for carrying 40#? My Osprey is worn out and I had chosen NOT to buy one in the Osprey ultralight line (Atmos?) because it looked entirely uncomfortable. Padding and straps were suitably undersized to make the ulrtalight moniker.