West Clear Creek Ruin

Bushwacker

Looking for coordinates for West Clear Creek Ruin. Thought I had them and went last week. Bushwacked along cliff face to find nothing and after a really lousy drive on the roads. I was told to climb down a cut in the area to the ruin but never found the ruin. I might not have climbed down far enough. Was given the following as the location of the ruin 34°33'58.66"N 34°33'58.66"N with no elevation given this might be correct. Any help will be appreciated and I am willing to help anyone else that needs it. I have hundreds of places that we have gone to photograph. Thanks.

Looking for coordinates for West Clear Creek Ruin. Thought I had them and went last week. Bushwacked along cliff face to find nothing and after a really lousy drive on the roads. I was told to climb down a cut in the area to the ruin but never found the ruin. I might not have climbed down far enough. Was given the following as the location of the ruin 34°33'58.66"N 34°33'58.66"N with no elevation given this might be correct. Any help will be appreciated and I am willing to help anyone else that needs it. I have hundreds of places that we have gone to photograph. Thanks.
I'll look again....was there in 2015.... I have post here from then. Your courier are screwed up. I'll pm you

Last edited:
I'll look again....was there in 2015.... I have post here from then
We might have been over it and did not realize it. Must have missed where trail goes down. Where we were at we had to literally crawl through bushed then trail ran out. From aerial it looks like it was below us but I still do not know how to get to the next lower level.

Did you ever find the coordinates for the West Clear Creek ruins. Sandy and I would like to make it one of our hikes in the near future. Thanks.

pm me......

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Bob West Clear Creek Ruins Backpacking 7
slc_dan Mogollon Rims-West Clear Creek Trip Planning 0
W Greetings from the West Side of the Winds (Wind River range) Noobs: Introduce yourself! 5
travel2walk Gros Ventre Wilderness: Granite Creek, West Fork Crystal Creek, Crystal Creek, & Swift Creek - June 2021 Backpacking 8
kwc Fall paddle on the West Branch of the Sacandaga River 10/23/22 On The Water 0
Ellen Zion West Rim Trail, December 2022 Trip Planning 3
scatman West Millcreek Ridge - July 10, 2022 Hiking & Camping 22
Rockskipper Outlook poor for fires in the West General Discussion 8
Titans CEDAR MESA VISITS: OPEN AGAIN// (Extended bridge closure, west of Blanding, on SR-95) General Discussion 5
scatman Grandeur Peak, The West Slope Approach - October 31, 2020 Hiking & Camping 7
BJett Dolly Sods Wilderness - West Virginia Backpacking 17
McKee80 Roaring Plains West Wilderness Backpacking 8
Blair Ballard West Temple 3.7.20 Hiking & Camping 2
andyjaggy Bikepacking West Desert Trip Planning 16
westy Cave Canyon, Grand Canyon west Hiking & Camping 5
Yvonne Snow Hike up the West Rim, December 15, 2019 Hiking & Camping 7
SteveR Blueberry Hill and West Elk Pass, Alberta Winter Sports 1
P West fork of Salt Creek? Trip Planning 4
LarryBoy A Route In Between: Mexico to Canada Through the Heart of the West Backpacking 50
chandlerwest Zion - West Rim Loop...........in July???? Hiking & Camping 7
regehr Deseret Peak West Twin Couloir Hiking & Camping 14
DuneElliot Backpacking Scotland's West Highland Way Trip Reports 5
mofca Hello from West Virginia! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
Chuck the Mauler Trip ideas near or west of Vegas Trip Planning 8
M Zion West Rim Trail, Early April 2019 Trip Planning 40
Titans Wasson Peak via Hugh Norris trail - Tucson Mountains - SAGUARO NP (WEST) Hiking & Camping 0
scatman Grandeur Peak - West Slope Route - September 3, 2018 Hiking & Camping 12
tomcat32 Backpacking the West Elk Wilderness Backpacking 9
Ross West Canyon hiking Backpacking 2
Ross West Canyon quicksand (a/one want to go lower West/Face/Labyrinth August? Trip Planning 3
blueeyes West Desert Bikepacking Everything Else 13
David Rule Greetings from the Mid-West Noobs: Introduce yourself! 22
Tim Valentine Catalina Island West Side Everything Else 1
Perry Uinta Highline trail - East to West - Mission Accomplished! Backpacking 24
Outdoors24 Zion West Rim Trail in winter Trip Planning 6
George_Washington_Hayduke White Roost Canyons (east and west forks) & North Fork of Robbers Roost Canyon Canyoneering 3
powderglut A Day at the West Clark Bench Hiking & Camping 11
JoshuaDyal Beckwith Pass in the West Elks Backpacking 0
Perry West Utah Desert Hiking Opportunities? Trip Planning 7
TrektheWorld Rawah Wilderness Camp Lakes to West Branch Loop Backpacking 3
W Virginia and points West Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
Perry West Fork Blacks Fork River Crossing 2017 Trip Planning 9
westy High Uintas - West Basin Backpacking 0
WasatchWill UHT - Day 5: West Fork Black Fork to Olga Lake Backpacking 2
WasatchWill UHT - Day 1: West Fork Whiterocks to Fox Lake Backpacking 8
Perry Uinta Highline Trail - East to West Backpacking 21
H ON THE ROAD WILD WEST :: Yellowstone, Grand Teton, & Glacier National Park Big Sky Road Trip Photography 8
Nick Primitive spots north/west of Bryce Trip Planning 17
Udink West Fork of Moonshine Wash Hiking & Camping 9
AustinCronnelly Antelope Island- West Side Trail Hiking & Camping 8