Album Waterfalls

Hidden Falls, Big Cottonwood Canyon

Hidden-Falls-L.jpg

Falls Creek Falls, Swan Valley Idaho..... However this waterfall now has a huge chunk that fell off and this angle will never look the same.

This is a hard water fall to photograph. I need a boat or something to get to that island close to it and then I'll have the angle I think I need!

I had a setting wrong on my camera that I didn't notice until I got home and downloaded the photos to my computer! :mad:
Here's my lame attempt... Is that the rock you're talking about on the right side?
IMG_7024.JPG

IMG_7027.JPG

Ahhh, I've been there! I had no idea. You really pulled off a sweet shot for how hard to photograph it is.

I only have crappy photos of it too, and I was in a boat!

5092123767_819b5c9625_b.jpg

That's me in the back of the boat, this was taken by Collin J.

IMG_1187.jpg

And to make up for those crappy pictures I just posted, here's one from The Subway in Zion. This particular cascade is out of reach for people hiking from the bottom up. It's right after the famous log and right before the last rap into the subway section.

too bad that there is no way to see it on a hike. :cry:
It looks gorgeous, wow.
There are a lot of Utah waterfalls I haven't seen yet.

Ahhh, I've been there! I had no idea. You really pulled off a sweet shot for how hard to photograph it is.

I only have crappy photos of it too, and I was in a boat!

LOL! Little hard to do an exposure long enough to blur the water in a boat eh?
[/quote]

That's me in the back of the boat, this was taken by Collin J.
I've always wanted to float/fly fish the snake through this section! How was the fishing?

You could do it, just plan a trip sometime and do the top down route with us. It's just like hiking... with ropes. ;)
I've been wondering about this... I've heard you can do it with just a rope (60+ feet) to use as a hand-line, but then I hear others repelling it. How hard would it be to do with only a rope in the fall with low water (I'm sure in high water the answer if quite different)? I'm quite comfortable scrambling up/down things, especially if I have a hand-line!