Album Waterfalls

Shadow Cascade, Letchworth SP, NY

i-gBcnzFg-M.jpg

An experimental shot. This is to the left of the waterfall that I posted in the Best of 2012 thread. Feedback appreciated! Personally I think the composition is too crowded.....

I don't think it's too crowded at all! I might throw a little bit of a vignette on it in post to darken the edges, but I think it's great as is!

I don't think it's too crowded at all! I might throw a little bit of a vignette on it in post to darken the edges, but I think it's great as is!

Vignetting, good idea, will try it!

I LOVE it! :twothumbs:

Thanks guys! I was just having a conversation on flickr about how you just can't tell what's good in your own photos, so glad I didn't delete this one. Thanks for the feedback!

Vignetting, good idea, will try it!
Thanks guys! I was just having a conversation on flickr about how you just can't tell what's good in your own photos, so glad I didn't delete this one. Thanks for the feedback!

I find that my favorite photos are usually the ones people don't seem to like much, then sometimes I'll post something I'm not that proud of and people will go nuts about it.

I find that my favorite photos are usually the ones people don't seem to like much, then sometimes I'll post something I'm not that proud of and people will go nuts about it.

I have the exact same experience. That "Moonscape" shot that was the feature photo for my photography trip report on here I thought sucked. I only posted it because I worked so hard to get it, and it's now my most favorited shot on flickr. I never would have imagined that would happen.

I usually don't like most of my shots, I always find something in my shots that others could do much better than me.
Most of my shots are usually snapshots, nothing special. I not even care about post processing or if my shots follow any photography rules.
But somehow people love them, I will never understand it.

@ Laura

I love your shot, the colors of the leaves are simply amazing and the waterfall in the back let me wonder how it would look like when standing in front of it.

I usually don't like most of my shots, I always find something in my shots that others could do much better than me.
Most of my shots are usually snapshots, nothing special. I not even care about post processing or if my shots follow any photography rules.
But somehow people love them, I will never understand it.

@ Laura

I love your shot, the colors of the leaves are simply amazing and the waterfall in the back let me wonder how it would look like when standing in front of it.

Thanks so much! :) The view from behind the leaves is much better-there's a railing behind that waterfall and you have to walk behind it to get to the trees. I thought about getting a view from behind the falls but they were so raging that I got soaking wet!

Same shot, but experimenting with panning. I started the pan after the shutter was open which left more of an impression of the leaves. I added a vignette effect as Nick suggested. I kinda like this version better, but you know how that goes! '

Experiment 8-Abstract Waterfall by Laura Zirino, on Flickr