View from prison.

Deputy Scatman, here's some scutlebutt for you on what that fellow who's calling you a ranger and pretty much taunting you to come find him looks like (will this help with my parole?):

WARNING: @Perry AVERT YOUR EYES:

Well, it's a good thing Dooley is already dead. A big maybe on the parole. If you are paroled, would you be interested in tracking down the fellow calling me a Ranger?

OK, this was a great thread until it got seriously derailed by some BCP ne'er do wells. So, to get it back on track, here's a view I would never get tired of, Rifle Falls near RIfle, Colorado:

IMG_1878.jpg

Last edited:
I could look at the Sperry Glacier basin all day

IMG_9290.JPG

But, have you guys considered that staring at these views would just be torturing yourself even more? Maybe not having a view at all would at least make us think we weren't missing anything by being locked up all day...

OK, this was a great thread until it got seriously derailed by some BCP ne'er do wells. So, to get it back on track, here's a view I would never get tired of, Rifle Falls near RIfle, Colorado:

Beautifiul! Early parole for you.

I could look at the Sperry Glacier basin all day
But, have you guys considered that staring at these views would just be torturing yourself even more? Maybe not having a view at all would at least make us think we weren't missing anything by being locked up all day...

This is a beautiful scene too. I think I'd go stir crazy if I didn't have a view.

Wait, what? "Ne'er do wells"?

Narrowed it down to one yet?

Well, OK, "seldom do wells" and one who was maybe a bit off-kilter. :)

That would be Way off-kilter.

i’ll cop to the off kilter thing, sometimes a lot and sometimes , after a nice wilderness bathing, perhaps more centered for just a bit, Got a good one in today.

Now I’ve seen so much beauty in the views out here that I can die right here and now and the efforts I’d take to stay one step ahead of the sheriff here and his rather exuberant deputy, well I’ll just let this self portrait from a couple years ago do the talking..

1530224938032.jpeg

aatemp

Well done, but I'm just wondering - were you planning to dig for water with that knife?

In spirit I’m in the f/64 club, one of those who take ordinary objects and try to do something unique with them. The knife isn’t going to do anything but draw your attention and tell some kind of strange tale to your imagination. It is just one part of the composition. Let me tell you how hard it was to get the perfect lighting on the blade without being able to actually look through the viewfinder before the ultimate sunset light disappeared on that vast dry lake. I like ideas over the iconic and well known locations.

Last edited:
i’ll cop to the off kilter thing, sometimes a lot and sometimes , after a nice wilderness bathing, perhaps more centered for just a bit, Got a good one in today.

Now I’ve seen so much beauty in the views out here that I can die right here and now and the efforts I’d take to stay one step ahead of the sheriff here and his rather exuberant deputy, well I’ll just let this self portrait from a couple years ago do the talking..

View attachment 65957

aatemp

Off-trail. As I suspected. :scatman: