View from prison.

scatman

Let's say hypothetically that deputy Scatman :scatman: rides by on his trusty mule Dooley and observes that you have set up your camp too close to a lake. Since this is quite a serious offense, Scatman has no choice but to arrest you and deliver you to the nearest jail cell. Because you also choose to make fun of Scatman's kilt on the journey to wherever the prison is located, the judge throws the book at you and you get life without parole. If your jail cell has only one window to the outside world, what would you want your view to be? Remember, this is what you will be viewing for the rest of your life to help you pass the time. Answers must be specific, for example: I would like my view to be of Grand Teton or maybe the Teton Range. General answers like mountain scenery, meadows, lakes are not acceptable.

I know my view would have to include wildlife, so perhaps an oblique view of Hayden Valley in Yellowstone with the Yellowstone River flowing north through it. My view of Hayden would be before a road was constructed through the east side of the valley.

Okay, your turn.

Lamar Valley

wyoming2017-53-L.jpg

Your man-dress... I mean, kilt, by the way, was spectacular as it flapped in the breeze... until it flapped too much. :oops:

Sorry, I don't think I have seen the view that I want to see for the rest of my life yet.
Definitely a waterfall...if I am in jail, I will have anxiety and I need the noise to help me sleep.
Probably a view of a waterfall in Iceland with Aurora Borealis going on the whole time. Flowers growing up my bars so I can sniff them. Oh and some trees would be nice. Please and thanks.:rolleyes:

Wildlife as inspired by @Wanderlust073
-Liz

Hey the bar was set at "what you will be viewing for the rest of your life to help you pass the time". Scenic vistas only go so far. There's a hierarchy of needs!

Hey the bar was set at "what you will be viewing for the rest of your life to help you pass the time". Scenic vistas only go so far. There's a hierarchy of needs!
Agreed. But this might be even better - the drone dropped tools for the great escape:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...abling-inmate-to-escape-prison-officials-say/

The guy was in prison for kidnapping his attorney. If we kidnapped Deputy Scatman, we'd probably get life in a nice cabin at Yellowstone as punishment.

droneprisonpic-800x600.jpg

Boy did this train derail in a hurry. Looks like I'm going to have to saddle up old Dooley and begin tracking down some BCP members.

@Wanderlust073 - not quite what I had in mind :)

@LarryBoy, @LarryBoy, @LarryBoy - tsk, tsk, tsk :mad: :)

@Jackson - Gotta narrow it down to one. :help:

@Perry - See Larryboy above. :uhhuh:

@Outdoor_Fool - I wouldn't look at my picture for too long. You'll be requesting "the Box" (solitaire confinement) after just a couple of hours. It's like staring at the sun, best to avoid it. :frantic:

@kwc - you need to choose just one image. :disagree:

@Vegan.Hiker - See Larryboy above. :thumbsdown:

@Rockskipper - I think I've spotted somethiing among the Lily Pads and no drones allowed. Who would want to escape from Yellowstone?

To the the rest of you, great pictures and descriptions - maybe you've warranted early paroles.

Last edited:
Dang. I was hoping I'd have a big enough field of view from my cell and a good angle so that I could see both from the window. I'll pick the top image then.

Well, if your field of view is large enough then that would be okay. We'll put you on the potential parole list.

@scatman ... I protest ... you did not specify ONLY one image in your original post. Nor did you specify where this incarceration would be ... so in light of those small details, I have posted all the possible options I might have while in your custody. Although I'm guessing that the judge will throw your allegations out of court if I also wear a kilt to the hearing. Unless the judge favors Scottish over Irish. Chance I gotta take, eh??