VIDEO: Long Trail - Part 2

In part 2 of my documentary I finally arrive at Goddard shelter after a 22 mile day. I get a good nights sleep, meet the Wonder Twins (as I call them) and head off for Story Spring shelter. My stop at Glastenbury Fire tower was amazing. After a great night at Story Spring, with popcorn, I head for Stratton Mountain for a visit with Hugh and Jean, the caretakers there. After an afternoon nap in my Half-Wit hammock at Stratton Pond shelter I make my way to William B. Douglas shelter for the night.

My hiking goal in 2015 is to traverse the 273 mile Long Trail which travels the entire length of Vermont, from Massachusetts to Canada.

The night before this adventure my wife asked me for 3 things I was apprehensive about. After much thought I shared the following with her, 1) my body holding up - I'm not getting any younger. 2) Severe weather - specifically thunderstorms. and 3) Loneliness. Follow along to see how these potential obstacles were handled.

I am a backpacking enthusiast who enjoys spending my days on the trails with friends, both old and new and my nights sleeping in my hammock under a tarp. I currently live in Syracuse, NY with my wife (Angela) and 2 girls.

Thanks for watching,

Rob

Nice view from the Stratton Fire Tower. Your enthusiasm is infectious. There's just something wonderful about taking a long walk in the woods isn't there.

Back