Vermillion Cliffs Trip - Part 3 - Buckskin Gulch

Janice

In 2014 we loved our Wire Pass - Buckskin - Paria - Lee's Ferry trip. We couldn't resist the opportunity to head back into Buckskin on this trip. We ended up coming from Upper Buckskin and found that to be very beautiful. It was in the afternoon of our final day, and the late day sunlight and shadows were magical. It was hot with temps in the 80s, but the shade of the slot cooled us off. Later as we walked back, we had Upper Buckskin to ourselves, and it felt so peaceful and serene. (It helped that we hadn't paid attention to world news in awhile...) Over 3 days, it was amazing to have seen so many different rock formations so close to each other. The power of water, wind, sand, and millions of years is truly remarkable.

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

I'm not really a desert person, but with your photos, I can see the appeal.

thanks for the report

Loved all these beautiful photos (in this Part 3 as well as Parts 1 and 2). In 2018 I hiked in from Wire Pass and went downstream first, about 2 miles. Of course I ran into many water pools and mud! But when I returned to Wire Pass and went upstream, the whole distance was dry (a lot more appealing than the sticky mud in the lower part!). Thank you for sharing these reports and photos!

Back