Utah Fire Restrictions 2012

Haha. That would be absolutely hilarious if they actually expected people to go without a stove during a fire ban. I'm sure this will be rectified shortly...

I'm sorry but we are requiring that you only have COLD sustenance this summer in the Uintas, during a hail storm, after fording a river.:facepalm:

The press release from the Ashley National Forest specifically says petroleum-fired stoves are allowed.

I saw a half dozen car campers outside campgrounds rocking fires Saturday night along the mirror lake highway.

Think they got tickets?

I saw a half dozen car campers outside campgrounds rocking fires Saturday night along the mirror lake highway.

Think they got tickets?
I saw that as well and was wondering the same thing. At Shady Dell the campground host was telling people fires no higher than knee height and they must be extinguished with water. On Saturday a couple campsites left to go fishing and the campground host got pissed and poured three 5 gallon buckets of water on their fire and their firewood pile. I had to laugh my ass off. I didn't get to see their faces when they came back, but they put their fire out with water Saturday night. :roflmao:

I saw plenty of signs but it didnt seem to stop people. We had all the kids with us and after last weeks Uintas trip being in the low 20's with gusty winds we opted for the Lost Creek CG so we could have a fire.

Oh.. the mosquitoes are starting to rock.

I saw plenty of signs but it didnt seem to stop people. We had all the kids with us and after last weeks Uintas trip being in the low 20's with gusty winds we opted for the Lost Creek CG so we could have a fire.

Oh.. the mosquitoes are starting to rock.
The skeeters are for sure starting to come out. Not as bad at Shady Dell yet, but they were pretty bad when we stopped to look at Mirror Lake.

what a fire season thus far!
For sure. I just love looking up at the charcoal that was once the mountain behind my house. Damn target shooters!

So I've been out of the loop for like two weeks. Living out of a backpack or a hotel... Are all/most of these fires from shooting?

So I've been out of the loop for like two weeks. Living out of a backpack or a hotel... Are all/most of these fires from shooting?
There has been like 4 or 5 out by me this year. A few on the west side of Utah lake, the big Saratoga/Eagle Mtn one and another just south of me here in Eagle Mtn city center last weekend. I think that was actually started by a guy exploding homemade bombs.

Are all/most of these fires from shooting?

Utah has had more than 20 fires from target shooters, as well as fires from a semi tire blowout, a failed catalytic converter and in the case of the massive Wood Hollow Fire, a copper thief that hit a Rocky Mountain Power transmission facility. That caused a short that apparently started the fire.

Utah has had more than 20 fires from target shooters, as well as fires from a semi tire blowout, a failed catalytic converter and in the case of the massive Wood Hollow Fire, a copper thief that hit a Rocky Mountain Power transmission facility. That caused a short that apparently started the fire.

:facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

That's all I have to say. Oh, and GO fire ban!!!

So the fire down here in Leeds caused them to indefinitely close Oak Grove Campground and hiking trails. I was suppose to hike the trail last night. Called in the morning to check and was given the okay... buy 2:30PM yesterday they closed everything.

I found it interesting in the uintas while paying last week no mention of fire restrictions, until we pulled into a picnic area and saw a sign about all the fire regulations no biggie for us as we were just driving around. We spent the last week in that area and Heber Valley its dry out be careful.

A small town near here (DeBeque) is being evacuated now. I-70 is also closed because of a lightning-caused fire in the Book Cliffs.