Uintas Conditions 2020

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Ugly

Life really is better Here
I was up there Friday morning dayhiking around the Clyde Lake area and they weren't bad. We wore bug spray and saw a few when we would stop, but it wasn't bad at all.

Not the most helpful update though because evening is when they start getting bad.
Ended up near Clyde/Three Divide Lakes etc from Friday to Sunday.
Bugs are dropping off, just a little annoying. I do not use bug spray, just long sleeves and such, but only had a few bites over 3 days.

The flowers are about peaked and even though there was little monsoon until this past week, they were about as good as last year.
Salamander Camp 7-20200488-sm-sh.jpg

We need @scatman here but, flea bane, paintbrush and others were exceedingly plentiful.
I let the boys and nephews sleep in, and sat here for an hour Sunday morning before packing up to go home. Long enough for a pika to gain confidence and creep up to me to harvest some grass, and for a hummingbird to think my orange hat was a flower a few times. Only killed two mosquitoes and flipped off a couple spiders that whole time.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

scatman

Ended up near Clyde/Three Divide Lakes etc from Friday to Sunday.
Bugs are dropping off, just a little annoying. I do not use bug spray, just long sleeves and such, but only had a few bites over 3 days.

The flowers are about peaked and even though there was little monsoon until this past week, they were about as good as last year.

We need @scatman here but, flea bane, paintbrush and others were exceedingly plentiful.
I let the boys and nephews sleep in, and sat here for an hour Sunday morning before packing up to go home. Long enough for a pika to gain confidence and creep up to me to harvest some grass, and for a hummingbird to think my orange hat was a flower a few times. Only killed two mosquitoes and flipped off a couple spiders that whole time.
Beautiful shot! Now is the time to be up high. I'm planning on hiking Nebo for the first time on August 5th, and I'm crossing my fingers that there will still be some flowers showing off for us as we make our way to the summit.