Trip Videos: Grand Teton's Paintbrush Divide, Grizzly Bear Lake, Avalanche Canyon, Snowdrift Lake

Joey

walking somewhere
Here is a video from a 4 night backpacking trip I did this summer in the Tetons. I spent one night in Paintbrush Canyon, the second night at Grizzly Bear Lake, the third night in Cascade Canyon, and the fourth night up in the saddle between Leigh and Moran Canyons. I wrote a trip report for it on here, but unfortunately the pictures aren't showing up. You can still read the jest of it: http://backcountrypost.com/threads/...ear-lake-paintbrush-divide-littles-peak.3528/ . Trip route can be seen here: http://caltopo.com/map?id=635R .

Here is a second video from another trip I did this September. This one was for 2 nights. I hiked up the South Fork of Cascade Canyon where I camped the first night. The 2nd day I hiked up over Avalanche Divide, and camped at Snowdrift Lake. The third day I hiked down Avalanche Canyon. I wrote a trip report for that one as well, same issue with some of the pictures not showing up anymore: http://backcountrypost.com/threads/tetons-cascade-canyon-to-avalanche-canyon-snowdrift-lake.3654/ . Trip route can be seen here: http://caltopo.com/map?id=662N .

isleroyaleguy

Hey Joey.
Great videos! It really wets the appetite for our trip in September and brightens up a winters day! Looking forward to meeting you out there. Thanks for sharing.
IRG

Last edited:

Joey

walking somewhere
Hey Joey.
Great videos! It really wets the appetite for our trip in September and brightens up a winters day! Looking forward to meeting you out there. Thanks for sharing.
IRG
Thanks for watching them Doug. Look forward to meeting you guys as well.

scatman

Enjoyed your videos yet again. The scenery is just amazing. You didn't need to wash your clothes and gear out though. I've heard from a very reliable source that bears don't like Pako's. Something about being an IPA! ;) Now Cold Smoke on the other hand ......... Hmmm.

Chuck the Mauler

Formally known as "kcwins"
The Teton's suck. I'm tired of all these video's, Utah. Now I think you're just rubbing it in. In the video Ria's got it right.

Joey

walking somewhere
Haha, Ria is a smoker, and has spent her entire life at sea level. So backpacking at 9 and 10 thousand feet was a bit of work. There were lots of "I can't do this" and "I'm not going to make it" statements. Having the camera in her face didn't help. She cheered up once she got over the divide.

Joey

walking somewhere
I've heard from a very reliable source that bears don't like Pako's. Something about being an IPA! ;) Now Cold Smoke on the other hand ......... Hmmm.

I beg to differ. You drink Cold Smoke, and every time you see a grizzly, they take off. I drink IPAs, and well, I've had to climb a few trees. And hide in out houses. :help:

Chuck the Mauler

I'm not giving Ria a hard time. In fact, Ryan is lucky his wife is willing to hike with him. I just like the way she responds to you having the camera in her face. Kim has been to the Tetons 3 times with me over the years. She has done Paintbrush. She thought Hurricane Pass was worse. I hope you know I'm giving you a hard time. Thanks for stirring up a few the memories.

Joey

walking somewhere
I know your giving me a hard time. That's why I posted this on your facebook today. To rub it in. :D

Chuck the Mauler

Sorry. Maybe I haven't had enough coffee today. Or maybe it's because I have worked a solid 24 hours this week when I normally only work 20 - 25 total.

scatman

I beg to differ. You drink Cold Smoke, and every time you see a grizzly, they take off. I drink IPAs, and well, I've had to climb a few trees. And hide in out houses. :help:

That's not the Pako's, it's that delicious pesto and pasta you are always cooking up that draws them in. It's irresistible! :)

Vegan.Hiker

Finally had the time to watch these. Joey, your vids are amazing. The Tetons seem unreal, I really need to make it out there one of these years. The campsite on your 4th night on the first vid above Solitude Lake and your first campsite in the second vid with the cascade coming down the mountain were my favorite parts. Thanks for making these.

Joey

walking somewhere
The campsite on your 4th night on the first vid above Solitude Lake
Thanks @Vegan.Hiker , and that might be my favorite camping spot of anywhere. The views were great from there in every direction. Hopefully you get to make it out and visit this area one day. This whole corner of Wyoming is a pretty neat place.