Album Trees

29996159268_547c628c9b_c.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Thanks Art!
Home is North Central Ohio.

Found a couple from one of my favorite places -- Sequoia NP.

View attachment 68158

View attachment 68157
Cool. I was born and raised in Parma, OH. I see now you showed that you showed a deciduous forest. And, like me, you go the land of BIG trees like these sequoias on vacation. Course there are some big trees in Ohio. Species?

Art,
Parma is about an hour or so drive from me. . . I grew up in Medina but had to move farther South to get away from the housing developments!

The biggest tree on my place is a rather large Sycamore -- someday I need to measure the circumference but I'd bet it would take more than four people arm to arm to make it all the way around the tree.

5J5A0798.JPG

While not record breakers, we do have some large Maple, Hickory, Oak, Cherry, Beech, Walnut. . . you get the idea :cool: . Sadly we've lost some (most) of our large Elm and Ash trees due to Dutch Elm and Emerald Ash Borer Diseases.

5J5A0806.JPG

For the record, I do have a Sequoia Tree here as well. . . but it grows in a pot on my back porch. I grew it from a seed and take it in during the winter; at seven feet/10 years old it will outgrow the house soon. I've tried planting them outdoors (sequoias) but several harsh winters froze them out.