To see new things...

Phill Monson

It's rare to go to Moab and NOT step foot in either Arches or Canyonlands - last weekend I managed to do just that and was able to go to a couple locations I have been wanting to hit for a while, that also a bit off the beaten path:

This is a shot from what Tom Till dubbed "Delta Pool." He first shot it about 30 years ago, and I only know of about five other photographers who have shot it since. I like to think of it as a sort of Infinity Pool in the desert. While the wile the wide angle skews it a bit, this pool is actually 20 feet long, and was about 4 feet deep with tons of little critters swimming around. Always amazing to see what nature can do:

IMG_2790_Web.jpg

And while this place is not so much a secret, it's fair to say fewer people have been than say, Mesa Arch:
IMG_2906_Web.jpg

As always, it's important to look behind you - you never know what may be going on in silence:
IMG_2874_Web.jpg

Featured image for home page:
slide.jpg

This is a shot from what Tom Till dubbed "Delta Pool." He first shot it about 30 years ago, and I only know of about five other photographers who have shot it since.
That's a cool-looking spot! I just looked at it in Google Earth and it looks like there would be plenty of pools to choose from after a good storm fills them up. I'm putting this on my to-do list for the next time I'm in the area. :thumbsup:

Awesome shots! I'll be there in less than 6 weeks so this really gets me going.