Thoughts on potential off trail routes in Cloud Peak Wilderness CPW

la_alpinista

I am planning a week in the Cloud Peak Wilderness. Hoping for feedback on 2 off trail sections I plotted in CalTopo. 1. Potential meandering traverse heading NNW from the Cloud Peak cutoff from Solitude Trail via Middle Cloud Peak Lake, Summit Lake, and Canyon Creek to then join the Cliff Lake Trail? 2. What about traversing from lowest Sawtooth Lake to Elk Lake via South Piney Lakes and Mead Lake?

I am planning a week in the Cloud Peak Wilderness. Hoping for feedback on 2 off trail sections I plotted in CalTopo. 1. Potential meandering traverse heading NNW from the Cloud Peak cutoff from Solitude Trail via Middle Cloud Peak Lake, Summit Lake, and Canyon Creek to then join the Cliff Lake Trail? 2. What about traversing from lowest Sawtooth Lake to Elk Lake via South Piney Lakes and Mead Lake?
La alpinista, Planning an off trail route in the CPW in a few weeks that would potentially cover some of the same ground you asked about. Wondering if you got yours done or if you can provide any beta.

Back