Album The members of backcountrypost.com

I didn't want him until @Outdoor_Fool did. :) But I understand, I really do. I don't have any little buddies like Opus and Snoopy, but I have a happy place I go to in my mind when things get tough:

images

And when things get REALLY tough, I go here:

df-20457_rv2.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't want him until @Outdoor_Fool did. :) But I understand, I really do. I don't have any little buddies like Opus and Snoopy, but I have a happy place I go to in my mind when things get tough:

And when things get REALLY tough, I go here:

I love the solitude of the second image. The first one has too many penguins for me though. Cut the number in half and I'm with you. :)

Through some freak accident we actually got snow here on the front range, and quite a bit of it, so we went out for a bit of snowshoeing behind the house. My wife captured this unstaged, candid moment of reflection...

1024.IMG_2793.jpg

Has it been a pretty dry winter over there so far?

The mountains have been doing great, and got an early start. Everywhere else is way, way behind. We maybe got an inch or two the last six weeks. Yesterday was a very heavy/wet eight inch dump though.

A fine day at Tracy Aviary feeding my favorite Sun Conures. A happy face in my happy place with some healthy and raucous individuals from an endangered species. And a good chance to show off my BCP logowear! My beenie is looking a little stretched out. I wonder if The Admin wants me to be modeling worn out stock...

IMG_9221.jpegIMG_9266.jpeg

Last edited:
A fine day at Tracy Aviary feeding my favorite Sun Conures. A happy face in my happy place with some healthy and raucous individuals from an endangered species. And a good chance to show off my BCP logowear! My beenie is looking a little stretched out. I wonder if The Admin wants me to be modeling worn out stock...

View attachment 74170View attachment 74169
I love the Tracy Aviary! Haven't been in too long. And I love that beanie. Definitely wouldn't mind buying another one of those.

View attachment 74170View attachment 74169

@Artemus - I love those happy photos, you can model any day of the week, with worn or new BCP stuff!

This week is full of feathery sightings here. Right after seeing your happy picture a Bald Eagle took off in front of me and I saw lots of bluebirds later too. Two times this week I saw a Barred Owl. I just set up the heated birdbath outside- hopefully we will see some bird activity, though none as exotic as the Sun Conures.

16ECE194-6C5F-4872-B4B7-F9DC082BE31D.jpeg

B6B7070F-C249-42FD-A9B6-A83076B281C5.jpeg

Last edited:
@Artemus - I love those happy photos, you can model any day of the week, with worn or new BCP stuff!

This week is full of feathery sightings here. Right after seeing your happy picture a Bald Eagle took off in front of me and I saw a folk of bluebirds later too. Two times this week I saw a Barred Owl. I just set up the heated birdbath outside- hopefully we will see some bird activity, though none as exotic as the Sun Conures.

View attachment 74173

View attachment 74172
Thanks T! We put our heated birdbath away once the snow started stacking up - they quit using it. I am interested in your experience. What elevation do you live at and what ecosystem? Nice, catching the eagle...

Last edited:
2 or 3 years ago Nick got a bulk(?) order of Mountain Hardwear beanies, got them embroidered with the BCP logo, and sold them on here as a fundraiser for the site. Best beanie I own for active use!

And I've been looking for more ever since. Sadly, I don't think Mountain Hardwear makes that beanie anymore. I still have two with tags that I've been saving for extra special occasions.