The Bob

JeffG

Hopefully you guys don't mind me digging back in the archives a bit. I want to get some of my trips posted so you guys know me better. My son and I did a packrafting trip in the Bob Marshall Wilderness with a friend of ours back in 2014. Our route was a 115 mile loop with about 65 miles hiking and 50 miles in the packrafts. It took us 6 days to complete this route. We started at the Benchmark trail head around noon on the first day and crossed the continental divide at Stadler Pass and spent the first night on Stadler Creek. The next day we hiked to Danaher Creek and packrafted Danaher Creek and the South Fork of the Flathead to Helen Creek. From there we hiked up Helen Creek and over Pagoda Mountain and into the upper White River basin. The hike over Pagoda was beautiful, great views. From the White River we climbed back over the Continental Divide via Larch Hill and into North Fork of the Sun River drainage. Larch Hill was another beautiful area. We then packrafted a little over 13 miles of the North Fork of the Sun River. After that we hiked back to the trailhead along the South Fork of the Sun River.

P8060909.JPG
Just getting started. I'm in the black hat and my son in the black shirt. Our friend Troy rounded out our crew.

FirstNight.JPG
First night camp

FlotinAlong.JPG
South Fork of the Flathead River

LogJam.JPG
Had to portage a few log jams on the South Fork of the Flathead.

BearTrack.JPG
We were not the only ones on Pagoda Mountain.

WhiteRiverMonring.JPG
Woke up to a beautiful morning in the upper basin of the White River.

LarchHillPass.JPG
My son and I on Larch Hill Pass

SnackTime.JPG
Snack time on Larch Hill Pass.

KalebLarchHill2.JPG

Kalebinthforest.JPG
Another beautiful morning in The Bob.

HittinTheSun.JPG
Getting ready to hit the North Fork of the Sun.

TroyRapids.JPG
North Fork of the Sun

CheckMap.JPG
Where are we at?

Fishing.JPG
My son doing some Tenkara fly fishing on the North Fork of the Sun.

FishOn.JPG
Fish on!

TakinABreak.JPG
This is the life!

Jeff, Thanks for the photos and the trip report. The Bob Marshall Wilderness and the area is Great! I was there many years ago and hopefully one day will return and do more. Wishing You the Best!

Looks like a great trip, that trout photo is great

Very Nice! I ventured into the Bob for the first time last year, and hope to get further in this year!