Tent specs

Not sure if this code still works for Big Agnes but it was posted here a few weeks back. BAWinterOR17
It's for 40% off

Another Copper Spur UL1 user here. I like it a lot when bugs are going to be an issue. When bugs aren't an issue, I've really been loving the MLD Duomid I got last year. Spent a week in the Beartooths in a Copper Spur UL3 a few years ago, and it handled some nasty weather quite well. Plenty of room for 2 people, room to spare to be honest.

Use tyvek for footprint....cheap and light or I sewed up a silnylon one for about 7 bucks

Use tyvek for footprint....cheap and light or I sewed up a silnylon one for about 7 bucks

Tyvek is quite amazing! For me, a footprint is more to keep the floor of my tent clean of excessive dirt and mud more than it is to protect it from sticks and rocks, though that is a nice secondary benefit if I miss something like that when choosing and setting up a tent site. This way, if packing my tent in my pack, which I usually try to do, then I don't have to worry about taking care to keep mud from touching anything else inside the pack. I can then just roll or fold up the footprint and usually just strap it on the outside of my pack somewhere. So I use a narrow Tyvek sheet for my solo tent. I have a cheap 5x7 minimalist tarp I picked up at Walmart that I've relegated to use as a footprint for my 2 man tent. Definitely not worth the expense and weight of a brand made footprint Tyvek and other materials can perform the same function as a much lesser cost. The only time it might be worth a brand made footprint that matches your tent would be if its the kind of tent that can be set up with just it's fly and footprint and you are certain you'll be using that setup to reduce the weight of having to carry the tent body.

The silnylon one I made..... I sewed thin stretch cord on the corners with loops for the stakes or poles...keeps it taut and in the center of the tent.. but in my case..... I always take the tent at 2 lbs....

After all this research, the wife and I decided to go hammock. Waiting on more gear mail now.

b65709b424a92a226b931a06c639d677.jpg
f9bfae82fd57c3a5e97112aa7cb553ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thank God there's only black bears where we're headed. If I absolutely got to wrestle a bear, I'd rather not deal with a grizzly.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have the Copper Spur UL1, 2, and 4. Love them all. Very light and free-standing. Watch for online sales as they seem to occur fairly often.

I have the Copper Spur UL1, 2, and 4. Love them all. Very light and free-standing. Watch for online sales as they seem to occur fairly often.

I see in many of the reviews that the durability of the fabric is not as good as they would like. What's your take on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new Copper Spurs appear to have corrected some of my major misgivings with those tents (doors/zippers) but not sure I want another. Ventilation/condensation is still going to be a big problem if used where/when it's cool-which is pretty much anytime around here.

I see in many of the reviews that the durability of the fabric is not as good as they would like. What's your take on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never head an issue with durability. You just have to be careful about where you set up the tent if you do not have a groundsheet.