SUU Yankee Doodle

Howells Outdoors

Adventure is my middle name...actually it's Keith.
So as part of my experience at SUU I helped create a new program called the Pacesetters Club. Essentially we are making it possible for the outdoor recreation majors, like myself, to get out and gain some experience leading others in the outdoors.

I have become the go-to student for these student led canyoneering adventures.

I like to go down Yankee Doodle, very beginner friendly and easy access/exits. We are also hoping to get in on the stewardship of the canyon to help keep it looking clean and fresh for beginners for ever.

Nice work to those who went and cleaned up the social trails, barely noticed the old social trails (and that's only cause I was looking for em).

Anyways, after battling a flat tire at the beginning of the canyon, we dropped in on the short rappel and then did the 2nd rappel.

This is the only place I heard other voices (hopefully real) behind us as I dropped down last in the group. Other than that we had the canyon to ourselves!

There was very little water in Yankee Doodle this time. Almost no water!

We descended the canyon with ease having it be water free and basically mud free.

The climb out was nice and hot though.

Shameless plug for the Pizza Cart in Cedar City, one of the students on the trip works there and brought a pizza for lunch....BEST PIZZA!IMG_7569.JPGIMG_7580.JPGIMG_7594.JPGIMG_7595.JPGIMG_7600.JPGIMG_7608.JPGIMG_7609.JPGIMG_7612.JPG