Super Lame Trip Reports

Discussion in 'Questions, Suggestions & Support' started by steve, Jan 31, 2014.

1. steve

steve Member

So, sometimes I go on a trip but I only take one or two pictures (especially if it's at night). I would like to post the few pics and details I have, but I don't feel like it deserves its own trip report thread, or to be featured on the homepage. What do you guys think about having one super lame trip report thread where people can upload lame trip reports (because lame trip reports are better than no trip report). Thoughts?

pinecone and Tater Head like this.
  2. uintahiker

uintahiker Adventure Guru

What you said. Post it!

3. Tater Head

Tater Head Hoo are you looking at?

You show me yours, and I will show you mine. I mean this in the least creepy way possible...

Ben and Nick like this.
  4. steve

steve Member

I don't want to be featured on the front page. My trip report is about as cool as going to the mailbox to check the mail.

Nick likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Post 'em if you got 'em!

This thread makes me lol. I'm a fan of doing whatever possible to get even super lame trip reports posted. Pondering....

steve likes this.
  6. steve

steve Member

7. Laura

Laura freespirittraveler

One person's super-lame trip is another's adventure. I say go for it!

8. Nick

I think if someone posts a super lame one that is definitely worthy of standing on it's own, I might move it, but that works. :)

9. steve

steve Member

perfect. Feel free to delete (or rename) this thread

10. Noun Sequitur

Noun Sequitur My Feet Hurt

I can understand the hesitancy to post... been there. How about a category based on length rather than lameness? 'Micro reports' or something. On a personal note, @sixstringsteve your stuff has been pretty cool. I've enjoyed it.

steve likes this.
  11. steve

steve Member

Micro trip reports works too. Or "quick trips" or whatever.

12. Nick

I like Micro Trips.

13. steve

steve Member

Sounds good. Nick, do you want to make the change? I wouldn't mind having it moved to the trip reports section either, if you think that's the best place for it.

14. Nick

Yeah, I'll fix it here in a bit.

15. John Mckean

John Mckean Member

In your" lame "report you may connect a dot for someone or motivate them to visit a place. I say go for it!

steve likes this.
  16. pstm13

pstm13 Auribus Teneo Lupum

Just to back up what others have said, I really like the mini reports because I get ideas for smaller trips from them as well. I can only do 1-2 multi day hikes a year but can do a shorter trip any time. One perfect example is the Fall Creek area near Swan Valley. I heard about it and was able to pull up a few old mini trip reports through this site. It tuned out to be a great time. I didn't write a mini-report but I'm glad someone else did.

pinecone likes this.
  17. pinecone

pinecone Member

I also like the shorter trip reports because as a mom I can't get away for more than 2-3 nights and only a few times a year, also because I'm in no way a photographer I haven't posted a trip in forever but i do go all the time with my kids too!