Super bowl fevah!

Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Archbishop

Make ready. Go forward!
Superbowl is coming to my city this weekend. Do the math, or geography, and you'll know which city I live in. I live fairly close to down town so it's been interesting.
The other day I had to work downtown so what is normally a 10 minute drive turned into a 45 minute drive just figuring out where I could and couldn't go.
Anyhoo, I'm crazy enough to think one of these evenings I'm going to catch a city bus into downtown just so I can walk around and take pictures and gawk at all the out of towners.
Who know could be interesting. We are expected to have a few different protest groups around the Superbowl events. Might get in the action and take some cool pictures.

I really couldn't care less about the Super Bowl. I'm going to the desert!
Generally I'm right there with you, but when the Colts got there a few years ago I watched. I'll watch this time because it's a local event.
I know that when it's over I'll get out of dodge for a weekend and do some camping.

I follow college football pretty closely. but outdoors is still > than it (I'd miss a game any day for a good trip). Pro football i don't care too much for, but I'll probably end up watching it like I always tend to do. its generally more of a social than sport thing for me

I'd say bacon wins then. Seeing how I'm still on the inured list, I think I will make up some wings, or at least drumsticks on super sunday. And then my wife can mock me for not understanding how football works. Something kind of like this recipe is looking mighty fine...

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Drumsticks

6a00d834561f7869e20120a5c17b57970c-500wi

I'd say bacon wins then. Seeing how I'm still on the inured list, I think I will make up some wings, or at least drumsticks on super sunday. And then my wife can mock me for not understanding how football works. Something kind of like this recipe is looking mighty fine...

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Drumsticks
Seeing pictures like this, for me, is proof that there is a higher power.

oh yeah, turn in your man card for letting your wife mock you about football....:whistle:

X3 Never watched a Superbowl before....hell, I've never watched a football game ever.

Finally, I don't feel alone!

This is great I feel so part of the team here.. My wife also has to explain to me what is going on when we go to the football games that my eldest daughter cheers at (she loves doing it and I support her in whatever she wants to do). I watch her cheer then go back to reading my book until they cheer again or my wife screams at some kid running down the field with the ball...

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! :lol: When I saw this thread I thought BLEH and really had no intentions of reading it. Then curiosity got the better of me. GO BACON!!!!

I'm going to turn around and quietly step away

(go pats)

(and bacon)

PS, I spent 10 days shooting a baseball tournament in Westfield (I think?) Indiana, just north of Indianapolis and enjoyed the little we saw of the city, and the zoo was awesome as well (despite the heat!)

(go pats)

(and bacon)

PS, I spent 10 days shooting a baseball tournament in Westfield (I think?) Indiana, just north of Indianapolis and enjoyed the little we saw of the city, and the zoo was awesome as well (despite the heat!)
Good old Westfield, we have some customers up that way.
As far as cities go I like living in Indy, but I'm really a country boy at heart. If you ever make it this way again, give me a yell I love hanging out and showing people around.

right on! It won't be in the same capacity as the company I was shooting for screwed me over big time, and they won't be getting my help anytime again, but if that happens, you'll know about it!
Have fun this week, I'd love to be there... one of these years I'll get to one of the big games (we've been pretty damn spoiled with them)

(go pats)

(and bacon)

Baseball and Hockey are NOT like football. I love both and will go to a game any chance I get!

Baseball and Hockey are NOT like football. I love both and will go to a game any chance I get!
Baseball and hockey are great sports to watch in person (Hockey is great to watch any time really) but football is the perfect TV sport, I can't watch too much baseball on TV....

My first nephew at 14 days old (Monday), the littlest Pats' fan
bradygib.jpg

my bro lives smack dab in Giants country, at least he's raising his kid right ;)

My first nephew at 14 days old (Monday), the littlest Pats' fan
bradygib.jpg

my bro lives smack dab in Giants country, at least he's raising his kid right ;)
That's a very cute baby. I'll overlook the fact that he's wearing a Pat's hat. :D

I like football, but since my 49ers are out I lost interest.

Hockey is where it's really at anyway!!!:twothumbs: