Super Blue Blood Moon

I took some pictures but was unable to zero in on the focus before clouds rolled in. ,[emoji53]

It was overcast last night so when I got off my night shift this morning I didn't even look up until a coworker pointed out the eclipse happening while we were in the parking lot at 6AM. My drive home is westward, so I watched it progress for the roughly 40-minute drive then grabbed some photo gear to try to get a pic. Turns out I don't have any camera lenses long enough to really work, but a phone with a 40x spotting scope did get me a somewhat usable image. Taken about 7AM in northeastern Nebraska.

20180131_065155-L.jpg

At that point, having been awake for the better part of 23 hours, I gave up and went to bed. The last time I tried lunar eclipse photos I think I was still using film!

I could post my grainy ass cell phone shot but I will spare ya'll.

I enjoyed my morning breakfast eggs in the dark as I watched the show from my kitchen nook. I feel pretty lucky to have had a decent view for most of the morning until clouds rolled in.

A Super Blue Blood Moon and Total Solar Eclipse in a few months of each other. Cool beans!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

When I woke up before five and peeked out the window, I thought we were going to have a dud. Luckily I could see stars among the clouds, so I hoped some holes would present themselves. Haze was a common piece to my pictures, but they still aren't awful.

--16.jpg --21.jpg --23.jpg --27.jpg --30.jpg --34.jpg --39.jpg

Nice to see the pictures. I kept hoping the clouds would break here, but no luck.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Kullaberg63 Super short notice: Looking for Winds partner Meet Up (Members Only) 4
Reef&Ruins Not Super Happy About This.... General Discussion 15
steve Super Lame Trip Reports Questions, Suggestions & Support 16
HomerJ Gear Review Mont Bell U.L. Super Spiral #1 - Sleeping Bag Gear Reviews 0
Archbishop Super bowl fevah! General Discussion 36
DrNed Naturalist Basin: Blue Lake to Shaler Lake? Trip Planning 12
TractorDoc CVNP Blue Hen Falls and The Ledges 07/23/2023 Hiking & Camping 7
kwc Blue Mountain hike, Central Adirondacks Hiking & Camping 0
M DragonFly ond Blue eyed Moqui Princess Panels Trip Planning 23
kwc Blue Skies and Empty Slopes Winter Sports 1
NorthwestWanderer Route Finding adventure, Copper Pass to Blue Lake - Goats, Bears, Lions, Oh my! Backpacking 3
o2bav8 A little bit of everything & don't drive on blue clay when wet Hiking & Camping 18
stevecochranephotography Blue Lakes Trail... Southwest Colorado in the Mount Sneffels Wilderness Hiking & Camping 9
IntrepidXJ Album The Blue Hour Photography 39
AbinadiWitness Part 1: Telluride Via Ferrata and Mount Sneffels SW Ridge from Blue Lakes- Colorado Trip # 1 - 2017 Backpacking 0
regehr Family trip to Blue John Canyoneering 22
balzaccom Blue skies and green trees in the Sierra Nevada General Discussion 0
balzaccom Blue Lake Canyon, Emigrant Wilderness Hiking & Camping 1
D Blue Springs trailhead, little colorado river, via FS6140 Trip Planning 0
steve Blue John and Horseshoe Canyons Canyoneering 7
IntrepidXJ Blue Lakes Backpacking 10
Udink Dragonfly and Blue-Eyed Princess Hiking & Camping 8
steve Invite Blue John and Horseshoe Canyons this weekend April 18-20 Meet Up (Members Only) 9
Christian Slot Canyons in the Blue Mountains of Australia are AWESOME! General Discussion 2
IntrepidXJ Once in a Blue Moon | The Arizona Strip Hiking & Camping 18
wanderinfinn Three, Moonshine, and Blue John Canyons Canyoneering 9
Nick Blue John Canyon Canyoneering 6
uintahiker Goshute Cave and Blue Lake Trip Planning 5
Rockskipper Poll: Do mosquitoes like you and what blood type are you? General Discussion 30