Album Sunsets

@KenB , love all the photos you are posting! Amazing.

@Ugly - we drove to Keys View last evening and tried to take photos in 40-50 mph winds! Crazy how windy it gets here. Two Siberian huskies handled it the best of anyone. One was wisely curled up, calm, back towards the wind and he just opened one eye like: what’s the big deal?

Here’s a few iPhone photos, Rick’s photos will follow.

7CC954FD-5ACD-4C06-9DB6-4831BC583B80.jpeg

Salton Sea direction
7CFA3C70-6049-4BFB-830F-8B268DE42106.jpeg

Rick trying to hold the camera steady
218DC9A1-CA86-48B8-9F94-FFB08F2CA09F.jpeg

Not many Joshua Trees at this location, here’s one of the few
6B4B5781-0F55-40C7-83EF-EEE8BF03F7F2.jpeg

cloudless sunset in Zion

sunset%20view%20copy-XL.jpg

@KenB , love all the photos you are posting! Amazing.

@Ugly - we drove to Keys View last evening and tried to take photos in 40-50 mph winds! Crazy how windy it gets here. Two Siberian huskies handled it the best of anyone. One was wisely curled up, calm, back towards the wind and he just opened one eye like: what’s the big deal?

Here’s a few iPhone photos, Rick’s photos will follow.

View attachment 107427

Salton Sea direction
View attachment 107428

Rick trying to hold the camera steady
View attachment 107429

Not many Joshua Trees at this location, here’s one of the few
View attachment 107430
Thank you for sharing. I never did quite adapt to the name Key's View but it's still the same beautiful place.

Great to see this, especially as it's on our list of possible places to backpack late Sept. when we're visiting our sons in Colorado. Great to see those aspens and picture their yellow leaves. Do you think this might work at that time of year? (I know it depends on the snow & weather at that point.)

Great to see this, especially as it's on our list of possible places to backpack late Sept. when we're visiting our sons in Colorado. Great to see those aspens and picture their yellow leaves. Do you think this might work at that time of year? (I know it depends on the snow & weather at that point.)
Yes, I imagine it would be a good choice for a late-Sep trip in a typical year. It'll be drier at that time of year, so just check up on water conditions before you head out. It's hard to time the fall colors; you have to get pretty lucky. Late Sep. might be a little early, but better too early than too late!