Album Sunsets

Mediocre and Blaise peak.... hahaha, no just kidding.

This night we stayed at a pretty popular lake called Notch Lake in the Uintas in Utah.
Wow, the water level looks super low. Had me thinking it was Wall Lake or Trial Lake with that waterline, but I couldn't square up how close it was to Reid's Peak and Bald Mountain.

Wow, the water level looks super low. Had me thinking it was Wall Lake or Trial Lake with that waterline, but I couldn't square up how close it was to Reid's Peak and Bald Mountain.

Drought.
There is now only a peninsula surrounded by mud, but not water. Notch is a reservoir, so it seems it is just open and draining, but Clegg, Dean, a lot of the ponds, they were still water up to the edge, but that is likely just because at some point they just start to evaporate more than drain, and it is only June still.

RCM08800-Notch Mountain 6-2021-210626-17.jpg

Drought.
There is now only a peninsula surrounded by mud, but not water. Notch is a reservoir, so it seems it is just open and draining, but Clegg, Dean, a lot of the ponds, they were still water up to the edge, but that is likely just because at some point they just start to evaporate more than drain, and it is only June still.

View attachment 99488
I had no idea Notch was a reservoir. Very interesting, and also depressing seeing it so low.

From a visit to Cades Cove in the Smokies back in January.

Jan%2B13%2B2021_17.jpg

Jan%2B13%2B2021_27.jpg

For a brief moment, the sun broke through and lit up the eastern ridge of the valley
Jan%2B13%2B2021_30.jpg

And then it began to fade
Jan%2B13%2B2021_31.jpg

lots more here if interested (no ads) https://backpackandbeer.blogspot.com/2021/09/cades-cove.html