Album Sunrises

Sunrise over the smaller of the two Twin Crater lakes... Rawah Wilderness, Colorado

I gotta get back up there, really enjoyed that area.

Woke up to this phenomenal sight the other day camped outside of Delta, CO

Looks like you were up on the Uncompahgre looking back at Delta and the W. Elks. I used to MTB up there a lot - lots of neat country with few people. One of the most phenomenal sights I've ever seen was over on the other side of the Plateau , above Nucla, watching the sunrise over the San Juans and the moon set over the La Sals - I didn't know which way to turn, both were so incredible.

Looks like you were up on the Uncompahgre looking back at Delta and the W. Elks. I used to MTB up there a lot - lots of neat country with few people. One of the most phenomenal sights I've ever seen was over on the other side of the Plateau , above Nucla, watching the sunrise over the San Juans and the moon set over the La Sals - I didn't know which way to turn, both were so incredible.

Twas up there! I really like camping up that way. I think the views are so nice and I love how easy it is to get up there from the communities below. I've considered staying further south quite a bit, maybe more direct from Moab to the San Juans than going around Grand Junction.

Sunrise views from Auxier Ridge. Red River Gorge, Kentucky.

IMG_8558.JPG

IMG_8567.JPG

IMG_8580.JPG

Double Arch
IMG_8585.JPG

Sunrise on the summit of Longs Peak

utWUjJw.jpg

Sunrise? Did you spend the night or climb in the dark?

You might enjoy this book by Glenn Randall, has awesome photos:
Sunrise from the Summit: First Light on Colorado's Fourteeners

Last edited:
Sunrise? Did you spend the night or climb in the dark?

You might enjoy this book by Glenn Randall, has awesome photos:
Sunrise from the Summit: First Light on Colorado's Fourteeners

I spent the night at the boulderfield and climbed in the dark for most of the route.

I will have to look into the book you noted. I think being up on a summit at first light is one of the best things in the world (unless its a windstorm, etc. :rolleyes:)