Subway August 2, 2012

blueeyes

ephemeral excursionist
The end of July I received an invite from the Barlow family to go through Subway on August 2nd. They had put in for an 11 person permit to take family and friends but none of their friends could make the date. It just so happened that Wayne, Laura, and her two boys Graham and Marshall were staying with me that week and planned on applying for last minute permits to Subway each day in hopes of snagging permits. After Sarah’s account of going through the Subway Spencer now wanted to try it. How fortuitous!

This was an outstanding family day! Scott, Saori, Kai, Wayne, Laura, Graham, Marshall, Spencer, Sarah (yes she chose to go again!) and me. The most notable thing about the trip was that the Subway had flashed the day before so the water levels were higher and water was muddy!! One of the best moments was showing a huge group ahead of us where the underwater arch was. Spencer was a fish and kept swimming through it over and over.

Best comment was from Sarah. “Wow, this doesn’t seem as long as it did the first time I hiked it.”

This is my favorite trip through Subway because both of my bestest adventure buddies were with me and catch this…. No fighting!! Whoa.

DSCF6645.jpg
Spencer, Sarah and Me

DSCF6649.jpg
Scott

DSCF6661.jpg
Saori
DSCF6670.jpg
Kai and Spencer

DSCF6681.jpg

DSCF6683.jpg
Relaxing

DSCF6684.jpg
Graham, Wayne, Marshall and Laura

DSCF6691.jpg

DSCF6694.jpg
My Awesome Adventure Buddies!

DSCF6697.jpg

DSCF6701.jpg
Today they were the best of friends... but they can be the worst of enemies. :)

DSCF6703.jpg

DSCF6707.jpg

DSCF6718.jpg

DSCF6722.jpg

After looking at these pictures I think it is time for a new camera. But it has been through several canyons and other adventures.

Your pictures tell the story of sharing something you love doing with those you most want to be doing it with. There's nothing better than that!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Tyler The Subway August 2012 Canyoneering 1
gloo The Subway - Zion NP August 2012 Canyoneering 2
Nick The Zion Subway, August 2011 Canyoneering 6
zionsky Hikers Rescued from Subway Hiking & Camping 11
Yvonne The Subway September 2020 - a trip that went wrong Hiking & Camping 10
Yvonne Subway Bottom Up July 8, 2019 Hiking & Camping 27
RyanP How to prepare for Subway/Orderville/etc Trip Planning 6
Rockskipper Zion National Park visitors rescued after mocking rangers, hiking The Subway unprepared General Discussion 97
Red Rock Rangers The Subway Canyoneering 0
Nick The other Subway in Zion General Discussion 17
jentzschman Subway trip mid June Trip Planning 5
Howells Outdoors Frigid in The Subway Canyoneering 6
IntrepidXJ The Subway and Left Fork Hiking & Camping 2
Scott Chandler The Subway 10-28-14 Canyoneering 9
Sandro The Subway - End of April Trip Planning 13
Nick Russell Gulch & The Subway Canyoneering 13
Dave Fatality in Zion's Subway General Discussion 24
Ross Invite Pine Creek, Misery Canyon or The Subway (Zion area) Meet Up (Members Only) 1
Nick Changes in The Subway General Discussion 1
blueeyes Subway May 20th Hiking & Camping 4
Tyler The Subway was off the hook! General Discussion 9
A Subway any way I can - don't laugh! Trip Planning 9
lostlandscapes The Subway -- June 23, 2012 Canyoneering 9
lostlandscapes Best time to hike The Subway General Discussion 2
Nick The Subway, May 2012 Canyoneering 37
Nick Zion Subway Conditions Spring 2012 General Discussion 2
Nick The Subway, Zion National Park Canyoneering 11
Nick The Subway and Russell Gulch Canyoneering 5
Ndheiner The Subway in Zion Trip Planning 8
BobFink Mirror Plateau via Pelican Valley and Pelican Creek, July / August 2023 Backpacking 12
Mikjik86 Backpacking Indian Peaks Wilderness - King Lake - August, 2023 Backpacking 0
Georgia Yankee Isle Royale Kayaking August/Sept. 2023 On The Water 8
scatman Yellowstone's Thorofare, Headwaters of Thorofare Creek, Majo Pass, Younts Peak, Bob's Canyon, and Cub Creek - August 9, 2023 - Days 7 through 10 Backpacking 34
TheMountainRabbit Dana Meadows to Twin Lakes via the High Route (Yosemite/Hoover Wilderness) - August 2023 Backpacking 8
scatman Yellowstone's Thorofare, Headwaters of Thorofare Creek, Majo Pass, Younts Peak, Bob's Canyon, and Cub Creek - August 9, 2023 - Days 1 through 6 Backpacking 56
TheMountainRabbit Silas Canyon (Popo Agie Wilderness) - August 2023 Backpacking 3
ANelson Hiking to the Top of the Henry's (Mount Ellen) August 2022 Hiking & Camping 10
wsp_scott Point Reyes August 2022 Hiking & Camping 6
scatman Teton Wilderness Loop - August 6, 2022 Backpacking 27
scatman Bald Mountain - August 20, 2022 Hiking & Camping 7
TheMountainRabbit Red's Meadow to Tuolumne Meadows via the High Route (Ansel Adams/Yosemite Wilderness) - August 2022 Backpacking 5
forest dweller Invite First 2 weeks of August, open to anywhere wild and beautiful, western US or Canada, hell, Yukon or Alaska even! Meet Up (Members Only) 10
TeamJenkins17 Bonneville Pass - August 2021 Hiking & Camping 6
TheMountainRabbit Southern Absaroka Loop (Teton/Washakie Wilderness) - August 2021 Backpacking 8
swmalone Yellowstone August 2021 Hiking & Camping 11
scatman Snake River Lollipop Loop - Yellowstone National Park - August 8, 2021 Backpacking 45
chandlerwest Glacier Nat'l Park - August 2021 (Fulfillment of a Dream) Hiking & Camping 9
chebba87 Invite Looking for partner - Yellowstone late August Meet Up (Members Only) 1
forest dweller Where to go, last minute, early August, with wife, for 2 weeks, with no backcountry permits? Trip Planning 25
Nethos Southern Sierras | August 2021 Trip Planning 1