Stillwater Canyon - Trail up to confluence overlook from "Stove Camp" mile 7?

lol...... thats Kelsey for you. You may not be able to walk afterwards. His days were long and he used to hike very fast.

lol...... thats Kelsey for you. You may not be able to walk afterwards. His days were long and he used to hike very fast.
Not surprised! Have you hiked with him? Or do you just know this from reading his descriptions?

Not surprised! Have you hiked with him? Or do you just know this from reading his descriptions?
Never hiked with him.. I used to send him our route info thru the years. Talked to him quite a bit on the phone too. Never could get him on any of our trips. Said his knees were shot and couldn't do long trips anymore. This was in the late 1990s early 2000s. Knowledgeable quy.

Great to hear this - thanks. It's very clear from Kelsey's books that he's incredibly knowledgeable - and very passionate, too. As I think you already know, I've come to this passion fairly late in life, and I'm fascinated by the level of skill and knowledge so many of you have acquired, probably starting at a young age. Hats off to all of you hiking gurus!

Back