Step Inside for a Scat Scan

Within a few miles of each other and a few weeks apart I have seen this:

IMG_0572.jpg
IMG_0571.jpg

Junipers and sand?
Slickrock, HITRR general environs...
3 weeks ago it was fresh and right next to my truck, but no tracks near either one.

?

Small black bear is my guess but I also know nothing. Seems like that would be pretty uncommon for that area.

A google search does show that they eat juniper berries though.

Pretty sure that's just melted trail mix. There's only one way to be sure though... Cue Bill Murray cleaning the pool in Caddyshack scene.

Just watched that clip, hilarious! He looks so young in that movie. Anyway, “that’s no problem”, as Bill said. I shall promptly return to the doodie, so we can solve the mystery!

Ha @Bob - no bells! Actually bells are more used here by mountain bikers to alert everyone….

Just watched this. Very interesting. @scatman there is another one of your name out in the world.

Hey, I just finished the video. I had to watch it in three sperate segments because I had some things to do. Nova is such a wonderful program. And who knew that wombat scat could be so interesting, along with the rhinos, the blue whales, the krill, and the cassowaries.

It would be a lot of fun to hike with the other Scatman for a few days just to get his take on all the scat that we'd come upon.

And finally, you really shouldn't encourage me. :)
16.jpg
16b.jpg
17.jpg
Putting the pieces of the puzzle together. :)

Last edited: