thanks Stephanie, it's the plan I think will work the best.Hi, Yvonne.
We have the Safety Plan for $11.95/month.
Safety Plan Details
- Unlimited SOS (hope never to use it!!!)
- 10 text messages/month
- Unlimited Preset messages (predefined messages set up on the website)
- Tracking points: $0.10 USD for each point
- Overages are $0.50 USD for each text message over the 10 messages allowed in the monthly plan period.
- Text messages include free-form sent messages and received messages.
- Tracking points refer to the individual "breadcrumbs" sent by the inReach at user-selected intervals ranging from 10 minutes to 4 hours.
since I never tell anyone when and how long I go, no one would miss me if I would get into trouble.I use the plan of telling the wife my route and times. And have a backup. Never had a need for anything else
I use the most basic plan, I just leave the inreach in my daypack and then spur of the moment trips are easy.I used my dividends and bought the In Reach Mini. Even though I barely backpack, I do get out in the backcountry on long extended day hikes. You never know, even on day hikes, you can get in trouble.
So what plans do you guys use?
I'm about to pull the trigger on the InReach SE but then I was reading on amazon about inconsistency with messaging.I’ve been using an Inreach SE since it came out and plan on getting a mini sometime soon. The Spot just looks enormous. Other than price I feel like it’d be pretty hard to justify over the inreach and for that type of item I don’t think the price difference is that significant. View attachment 74160From Skurka’s review: