SOLD: For Sale: Katabatic Grenadier 5°

Miya

Because I am able.
Hey guys!

I bought a Tiny Home on Wheels and am moving to Idaho (hopefully ID). You know what that means? I have too many heels, dresses, and backpacking/camping gear.

I am selling my Katabatic Grenadier, which they no longer make! I think I got it the summer of 2020. Even though I never use this thing, it is hard to let it go because I was on a waitlist for it and the quality is top notch. I think I paid either $545 or $565 for it, can't remember, I just know it was about $600 after tax. I took it on 2 car camping trips to test it out and realized I should have ordered 5'6 and smaller width. It is just too big for me and takes a long time for me to get it warmed up.

Since those two trips it has been stored indoors and in the cotton bag. I have washed it once exactly as the website instructs.

Specs:
Quilt: Katabatic Grenadier 5° with super fluffy draft collar
Includes: Cotton storage bag, stuff sack, pad attachments
Weight: 30.5 oz / 1.91 lbs (my personal scale, hopefully it is correct)
Fill power: 900 water resistant down
Fill weight: 18.6 oz
Defects: Wasn't able to find any
Paid price: ~$600.00
Asking price: $350.00 OBO - free shipping unless you live somewhere where it is going to be excessively expensive.

Personal thoughts if anyone cares: I now own 2 Enlightened Equipment quilts, I do love them. However, the loft and quality of Katabatic is amazing! This thing is so lofted I can't even put my arms on top of it without them falling over the sides. If you have cold feet, nothing has kept my feet toasty like THIS quilt. I just didn't want to be on a waitlist again and their coldest quilt now is a 15 degree.

DM me if interested or have any questions. Sorry, not sure why the pictures uploaded sideways and can't figure out how to fix it.

20220421_153548.jpg

20220421_155624.jpg

20220421_153823.jpg

20220421_153612.jpg

20220421_153625.jpg

20220421_160349.jpg

20220421_160405.jpg

Where in Idaho....... you may need that cold rated quilt

Dang, I wish I were in the market for a winter quilt, because that looks like a fantastic deal. Someone snatch this up!

Where in Idaho....... you may need that cold rated quilt
Not sure yet. I have to make some flyers and start looking for someone with land that is willing to rent. I just spent a week up there and it snowed everyday! Haha it was wonderful!

I will be installing a mini wood stove in my house, that will keep me warm!

Not sure yet. I have to make some flyers and start looking for someone with land that is willing to rent. I just spent a week up there and it snowed everyday! Haha it was wonderful!

I will be installing a mini wood stove in my house, that will keep me warm!

Not sure if you have a specific part of the state in mind but my in-laws have property near Cascade Lake in Idaho. The nearest small town is Donnelly, ID. They have talked about renting out some of the lots in the past, but I don't know how seriously they were considering it. If that is an area you are interested in let me know and I can talk to them about it.

Not sure if you have a specific part of the state in mind but my in-laws have property near Cascade Lake in Idaho. The nearest small town is Donnelly, ID. They have talked about renting out some of the lots in the past, but I don't know how seriously they were considering it. If that is an area you are interested in let me know and I can talk to them about it.
Oooh that is wonderful to hear!! I am not picky about where I land for renting. I will probably look a little more north east when I am ready to buy raw land. I stayed the night in Cascade Locks. Ate at the diner and heard about the ex mayor that feeds the deer haha.
I am still getting organized and obviously if they aren't interested, that is A-OK! I will hit you up when I figure out some things with the builder and get a flyer together.

I bought a Tiny Home on Wheels

I'm not sure how eager you will be to post them, but I'm interested in seeing pictures of your tiny house! Part of me thinks I could minimize and downsize enough to achieve the lifestyle. . . on the other hand I'd dread the effort it would take to sell all my stuff. Like you, I'd definitely have to relocate to one of the Western states to take advantage of all the outdoor activities/opportunities.

I'm a tiny bit jealous of the adventure you will be taking and wish you a fun filled, stress-free move!

I'm not sure how eager you will be to post them, but I'm interested in seeing pictures of your tiny house! Part of me thinks I could minimize and downsize enough to achieve the lifestyle. . . on the other hand I'd dread the effort it would take to sell all my stuff. Like you, I'd definitely have to relocate to one of the Western states to take advantage of all the outdoor activities/opportunities.

I'm a tiny bit jealous of the adventure you will be taking and wish you a fun filled, stress-free move!

Oh sure!
This really is just a result of my first day hike 6 years ago. Then backpacking. Then thru hiking. Now tiny home! Haha
I really want to get back on trail, but my animals did so poorly while I was away, I just can't until they pass on. They need a home with me.
I can understand the downsizing being difficult for most people. I think I am doing really good with it, but I won't know until it is built and I try to shove my crap in there! Haha
They actually make really large ones too, almost 400 sq ft.
Mine won't be completed till the end of the year or early next year, but I went and took a tour of the builders I am going with.
I looked into every tiny home builder in the US. Research was actually pretty difficult and I am still learning so much! Feel free to message me if you decide to go this route or have questions
Idk why my photos upload sideways?!

Attachments

• 20220412_104710.jpg
    20220412_104710.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220412_112528(0).jpg
    20220412_112528(0).jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 23
Good luck @Miya

Supposedly: "because the device stores the image’s orientation in the EXIF metadata and not all software is able to read the metadata....
If it's uploaded straight from an iphone or ipad: click "edit", click rotate only once (so it looks wrong). Save. Click "edit" again, rotate till it looks right, then save again. Upload.
20220412_104710.jpg

Just let me know. I will feel them out. One issue might be how the tiny home is classified. Have to see if it is classified as a travel trailer or a home/cabin. They have really clamped down on what kind of structures can be on lots and the Valley County engineer has to sign off on pretty much everything. They can have at most 2 RV trailers/campers per lot and they have to move them every so often or they get fined.

Just let me know. I will feel them out. One issue might be how the tiny home is classified. Have to see if it is classified as a travel trailer or a home/cabin. They have really clamped down on what kind of structures can be on lots and the Valley County engineer has to sign off on pretty much everything. They can have at most 2 RV trailers/campers per lot and they have to move them every so often or they get fined.
Oh yeah. I know Idaho people are working to allow RVs and tiny homes as permanent residence, but they aren't currently. I actually saw several tiny homes in people's backyards outside of Boise and in Nampa. Ideally, I can find a place a little more secluded but I won't be picky.
My builders have their builds certified as RVs instead of homes. Again, no pressure or anything.