So you want to start kayaking, eh?

Not sure why, but the sound doesn't work on my phone. After watching it without sound I'm perplexed about what it has to do with kayaking (or what the video is about in general) lol.

Edit: Nevermind, the correct video is working now. There was another video linked before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For some strange reason i suddenly want to STOP kayaking.

I've been the guy @ 0:53, and it was not fun. That doesn't give me much confidence for my trip tonight.

Just watched the vid, absolulty insain... though as I say that, in the back of my mind that little voice is screaming at me "that is wicked cool, lets try it!!!" Fortunatly that other little voice is a wee bit louder and reminding me that I cant even kayak yet, maybe if I am still active and skilled enough at the age of 75, I will try it, till then, I will take this vid as a "How Not To" video for those of us that have less or no experaince.

As a whitewater kayaker all I can say is...wow. that video has been making the rounds and its the best collection of carnage I've ever seen. I've been there...and it hurts...

Guess that's why I prefer kayaking with my little buddy on a calm lake. No drama except for where to put my empty beer cans.

egyqugu3.jpg

that's some painful stuff.
Google/YouTube the north fork of the Payette river in Idaho, in particular jacobs ladder...it's a dooooozy:

then know that every once and a while some idiots don't want to deal with the people that put in at the popular stretch on the main fork called Banks, and they put in and run this stretch or the south fork with little to no experience...and it's never a happy ending:
http://www.westernperspective.com/payette-deaths-a-reminder-of-respect-owed-rivers/

i was actually on the river that day these two people died.

This one is enjoyable too...won Best Amateur at the National Paddling Film Festival this year...

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Pahranagat, Desert NWR, and Arrow Canyon Range to start Nov. 2021 Desert time Hiking & Camping 6
norwegianxplorer Highest Mountain in Norway, Galdhøpiggen, the start of a 9 day backpacking trip in Jotunheimen national park Backpacking 0
J N. Mojave Desert Rambles and Scrambles (start of 40 desert days) Nov. 14-20, 2020 Hiking & Camping 4
Chris N Good time to start Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
BryanG Start of the bloom in Anza-Borrego SP Hiking & Camping 2
McKee80 Getting a late start ... Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
Red Rock Rangers Let the wild rumpus start! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
Tye Dye Twins An Epic Week and an Epic Start to 2015! Winter Sports 10
maniakmedic Newbie looking to start backpacking in April Trip Planning 11
Nick Time to start floating! Gear 6
Backcountry Post Quick Start Guide To Using Backcountry Post Questions, Suggestions & Support 2
Archbishop I want to start taking my dog out backpacking. Trip Planning 8
regehr kayaking death valley On The Water 1
Georgia Yankee Isle Royale Kayaking August/Sept. 2023 On The Water 8
wsp_scott Kayaking the Stockholm Archipelago (Sweden) On The Water 12
blueeyes Adventures in Kayaking 2018 On The Water 7
Devin Ashby Kayaking Leigh Lake | Grand Teton National Park On The Water 3
wsp_scott Kayaking at Laurel River Lake (KY) Backpacking 0
DrNed Kayaking Lake Powell Trip Planning 3
Blake Merrell Kayaking Lone Rock Canyon: Another beUTAHful adventure! On The Water 8
Blake Merrell Sea Kayaking in British Columbia On The Water 6
Blake Merrell BSA High Adventure 2015 - Day 2 - Kayaking the Green River On The Water 10
steve drainage ditch kayaking General Discussion 3
BJett Kayaking the Tellico River On The Water 2
Nick Kayaking Lake Powell - Moqui Canyon On The Water 19
Nick Kayaking the Uintas On The Water 10
Dave Kayaking the Great Salt Lake, June 1 2013 On The Water 10
Dave Kayaking Labyrinth Canyon, April 25-28 2013 On The Water 15
BJett Kayaking the Chute of Muddy Creek On The Water 8
E Kayaking and Hiking in the Rainbow Area, Lake Powell. 4/7-4/13/13. On The Water 2
E 6-7 Days DIY Kayaking and Hiking on Lake Powell? Trip Planning 2
Nurrgle Kayaking the Green General Discussion 12