snow plumes

regehr

Is anyone out there getting pics of the epic Himalaya-level snow plumes in the Wasatch right now? I was just out and got my face all sandblasted and feel lucky to not be frostbitten. Anyway I didn't have a camera, would love to see some pics if anyone got good ones.

Lol....pic would be all white

I did not take a camera on my morning jaunts. Just too dang cold.
But I agree. Long tendrils of snow blowing off the peaks, sometimes pink and yellow in the rising sunlight. I sat and watched a couple of times until my numbing butt and the frost frozen under my beard told me to start moving again.
Feels like I'm training for Peter Sinks............

I did not take a camera on my morning jaunts. Just too dang cold.
But I agree. Long tendrils of snow blowing off the peaks, sometimes pink and yellow in the rising sunlight. I sat and watched a couple of times until my numbing butt and the frost frozen under my beard told me to start moving again.
Feels like I'm training for Peter Sinks............

@Ugly and @regehr - after reading this, I just looked up the temperatures over the last couple of days in SLC. Single digits at night, that's chilly!
I guess you had double digit negative windchill then, or? @Ugly - you just need a face mask and ski goggles in the morning and you will be good to go for the BCP morning photo shoot of the Wasatch (you might need a real camera, my phone battery is very unhappy just below freezing temperatures. Functionality below freezing temperatures hasn't been a critical key requirement for most phones. Just imagine if you lived in Canada, hm....).
We just came back from our first hike in 2019- frozen ground, no ice, 22F, nice. I will post a picture, when it's time for the ski mask and goggles here ;)

@Ugly and @regehr - after reading this, I just looked up the temperatures over the last couple of days in SLC. Single digits at night, that's chilly!
I guess you had double digit negative windchill then, or? @Ugly - you just need a face mask and ski goggles in the morning and you will be good to go for the BCP morning photo shoot of the Wasatch (you might need a real camera, my phone battery is very unhappy just below freezing temperatures. Functionality below freezing temperatures hasn't been a critical key requirement for most phones. Just imagine if you lived in Canada, hm....).
We just came back from our first hike in 2019- frozen ground, no ice, 22F, nice. I will post a picture, when it's time for the ski mask and goggles here ;)

I do not remember which days were windy, but they did make me "long" for my old NE Canadian mornings... :rolleyes:

My wife also has been trying to always hit 10k steps on her fitbit since Christmas, so we have been walking at 9 and 10pm at night as well. Stars are wonderful, especially Orion. Single digits are fine if you just keep walking. So I will not complain.
I did tell her though that she should just go on one of my sunny lunchtime walks. We can walk/run a couple of miles while temps are in the teens. (Like today) and just slip and slide on the snow in the foothills for an hour instead. The answer still has been no...

I do an hour of slipping and sliding in the foothills most days, it's not the best thing in the world but I don't have to drive to do it!

Back