Album Snow and Winter Shots

looking forward to my almost full moon winter shots at Bryce Canyon next weekend. Luckily I decided against camping that particular weekend :)

They have below zero temps the next few days...

I'm looking forward to them too! I tried for full moon winter shots in October and got 50 degree nights, so looking forward to seeing what you get.

I'm looking forward to them too! I tried for full moon winter shots in October and got 50 degree nights, so looking forward to seeing what you get.

as long as the weather is cooperating and I got at least one clear or partly cloudy night.... that's all I want.
With all the snow they have up there right now it must be a great sight to see it on a moon lit night

Reactions: DAA
St. George got a little bit of snow last night. Before school I went to Snow Canyon and took a few snow shots. :)

i-vXmZVtf-L.jpg

We ran into some unique ice growth on a few trees in Cap Reef. 3 or 4 trees had them and the rest did not. ? The trees...... well OK, shrubberies really, were near each other and it would not seem likely that they would have had different wind exposure. ?

CapReef Ice.jpg

This shot will immediately rub most of you wrong. Pro photographers, which describes many of you on here, just seem to hate photos that get worked over in Lightroom, and it is obvious to photographers that I brushed some exposure below the lamp. But, I still like it. Last winter I was just learning Lightroom, had just figured out the brush, and was just learning long exposure shots. I walked out on my driveway, did a left face, and set the tripod pointing south, just to try a night shot. So I know the "cone of light" is not completely natural, but I like it anyway. I think the pic does give the feeling of the cold, Idaho, winter night. Non-photographers don't spot that anyway.

Idaho Night.jpg

Man, I'm not sure about the 'pros' you know, but I don't think working things over with brushes is a bad thing most of the time. Great looking photo for sure! I've been known to mess around with Nik Efex to pretty drastically change a scene from time to time. It's all a part of the art process, right? :)

as long as the weather is cooperating and I got at least one clear or partly cloudy night.... that's all I want.
With all the snow they have up there right now it must be a great sight to see it on a moon lit night

So did you go? I'm dying to see the shots if you did!

So did you go? I'm dying to see the shots if you did!

I go Thursday for two nights. Have to finish my finals first.
So far they have forecasted partly cloudy skies and clear skies the other night. Timing is perfect: it's the peak of the Geminids meteor shower. :)
I guess I freeze my a... off these two nights but sometimes you need to suffer for nice pictures. I'm getting super excited

I0000i0e0aT5Ymkk.jpg

I0000ylSOkkNWPP4.jpg

I0000pkkiGU0nLn4.jpg

Mt. Sopris @ 5 below.
I decided to venture out into the cold and get some shots of my local mountain, from a familiar spot, although I have not been here for about a year. Part of the Thompson Creek drainage is in the foreground extending over the ridge on the right.

I'm just learning landscape photography. Here is a first snow pic in Heber, UT. When you take a large picture, and want to upload it, what is the best way to save for web? I could go to save for web, and do a JPEG or PNG. Or I can resize it. It's resolution was 300 but when I change it to 72 for web it looks so much worse. Is this normal?

IMG_3275.png