SLR Chest Pack Reccomendations

Nick

-
The new 5D won't quite fit in my old Clik Elite medium chest pack. I'm hesitant to get the large one, it's just so LARGE! Looking for recommendations on chest packs that might fit a beastly camera like the 5D. Or some other way to carry it?

Update: Been using the Clik Access for quite a while now and I LOVE it. Highly recommended.

I carry my 5D with the 24-105mm lens on it (including the hood) in my Clik Elite medium chest pack? It fits fine?

I carry my 5D with the 24-105mm lens on it (including the hood) in my Clik Elite medium chest pack? It fits fine?

And you can actually zip it shut? The hood is reversed, right? Maybe I just need to lube up my zipper or something cause it did not want to close. Now I'm motivated...

I can fit it in my chest pack without the hood reversed.....barely, but that's the way I usually carry it

Okay. If I try hard, I can get it zipped up. But that's with the hood reversed. If I try to stick it in there with the hood on, I can't even begin to zip it up, it hangs out the top like 2". What the hell?

Aw nevermind, both of those listings have the same photos. But some of the photos show the one with the black clips close to the body and the side pocket and others, like the one I have, don't have those black clips and don't have the side pocket...

I don't have the black clips or a side pocket either....I purchased mine around a year and a half ago.

Do you keep the top pocket full of stuff? I usually only have a battery and a memory card up there....if anything.

If that's stuffed full of stuff, I could see it not being able to close?

I just got a lowepro
Toploader Pro 65 AW and made some DIY straps for 6 bucks. It cost me .40 cents to add clips to any of my packs to make it compatible with my camera bag.

I received my new Clik Access today. Initial impression: "What the hell, I can't put my camera in that!" But after further inspection, I am pretty sure this thing is the most bad ass, low profile, lightweight and all around awesome way to carry an SLR while backpacking and doing other active sports. I'll post a full review with lots of pics when I get back from backpacking next week.

I received my new Clik Access today. Initial impression: "What the hell, I can't put my camera in that!" But after further inspection, I am pretty sure this thing is the most bad ass, low profile, lightweight and all around awesome way to carry an SLR while backpacking and doing other active sports. I'll post a full review with lots of pics when I get back from backpacking next week.
LOL! Your link goes to your Canyons youtube video you posted in another post. Here's the link to the pack for others, as I know you're out camping!

I looked at this pack before deciding on the medium one. My thoughts were that I didn't know if I would like those straps that go over the front. I thought they'd be in the way and something else to undo to get my camera out. I'm looking forward to hearing how you like them and the rest of the pack!

LOL! Your link goes to your Canyons youtube video you posted in another post. Here's the link to the pack for others, as I know you're out camping!

I looked at this pack before deciding on the medium one. My thoughts were that I didn't know if I would like those straps that go over the front. I thought they'd be in the way and something else to undo to get my camera out. I'm looking forward to hearing how you like them and the rest of the pack!

Doh! Thanks for catching that. I fixed it. :) Damn copy and paste.

Yeah, I was very skeptical when I ordered it, even more so when I first had it in my hands. Like I said, I will post detail later. I'm so stoked about that pack.

Doh! Thanks for catching that. I fixed it. :) Damn copy and paste.

Yeah, I was very skeptical when I ordered it, even more so when I first had it in my hands. Like I said, I will post detail later. I'm so stoked about that pack.
Hey, get off the computer and go camp!!!! LOL!

Hey, get off the computer and go camp!!!! LOL!

I'm packing! Well actually done packing and waiting for battery to get done charging. And may I just say, it was way nice to pull out a backpacking checklist and load up the pack again. It's been so long...