Slickhorn Canyon System - 6 days

Bob

Trailmaster
A photo trip exploring the Slickhorn Canyons on Cedar Mesa, visited pretty much every branch .... April 2022
P1020110.JPG
P1020113.JPG
P1020121.JPG
P1020155.JPG
P1020169.JPG
P1020171.JPG
P1020176.JPG
P1020179.JPG
P1020208.JPG
P1020214.JPG
P1020219.JPG
P1020224.JPG
P1020234.JPG
P1020246.JPG
P1020252.JPG
P1020254.JPG
P1020256.JPG
P1020269.JPG
P1020279.JPG
P1020288.JPG

Last edited:

Bob

Trailmaster
Water was plentiful........ but in 2 to 3 weeks probly not, its very dry

Jackson

I like to go outside.
So awesome. Where did you enter/exit?

Wish I had spent more time there when I went. Only was there for two nights, so we didn't get to see a ton of stuff.

Bob

Trailmaster
Went in Point Lookout canyon, down to the San Juan, up main Slickhorn, dayhike is 4th fork, looped the 1st and 2nd fork, out the 3rd fork .... didnt want to backtrack much

Last edited:

CodyL

Great inspiration to get down their Bob!! How many days would you recommend?

Bob

Trailmaster
My route? Min 4 ... Depends on how much you want to poke around. There is a lot. Water could limit you if wrong time if year

Desertratgal

Super cool! I hope the water hangs around a bit longer, I'd like to explore this area soon!

CodyL

My route? Min 4 ... Depends on how much you want to poke around. There is a lot. Water could limit you if wrong time if year
Thanks bob- about what I anticipated. Have had this on the radar for late March the last few years and had it bumped for one reason or another.

b.stark

Forever Wandering
Need to get to Cedar Mesa someday. Thanks for the pics Bob.

marcmeister26

Awesome trip! The cliff dwellings there look really well preserved. Looks like you were able to explore several.

That looks like a great trip. I've only hiked the bottom few miles from a San Juan river trip. Your trip report is inspiration for me to plan a trip down there next spring. Thanks for sharing!

WasatchWill

Ready For More
Hmmm...seems like i saw a lot of similar photos yesterday...oh yeah, that's right, I did. Joey! Looks like a great trip. Plans are set for a trip with my friend Devin, my wife and collectively our first trip with Joey next month. Can't wait. Hope my wife can put up with us. :lol:

Bob

Trailmaster
Hmmm...seems like i saw a lot of similar photos yesterday...oh yeah, that's right, I did. Joey! Looks like a great trip. Plans are set for a trip with my friend Devin, my wife and collectively our first trip with Joey next month. Can't wait. Hope my wife can put up with us. :lol:
Joey...... The phantom ..... Yes he was with us. Don't let him hike you to dark..... Lol

Jackson

I like to go outside.
Where's he posting photos?

Jackson

I like to go outside.
Facebook ...... Joey Coconato. Utube when he gets the videos created.... hasnt done any for a year. said this was going on video soon...?!
Ahhh. I'm not on Facebook so that's why I didn't know.