Slickhorn Canyon System - 6 days

Bob

Trailmaster
A photo trip exploring the Slickhorn Canyons on Cedar Mesa, visited pretty much every branch .... April 2022P1020110.JPGP1020113.JPGP1020121.JPGP1020155.JPGP1020169.JPGP1020171.JPGP1020176.JPGP1020179.JPGP1020208.JPGP1020214.JPGP1020219.JPGP1020224.JPGP1020234.JPGP1020246.JPGP1020252.JPGP1020254.JPGP1020256.JPGP1020269.JPGP1020279.JPGP1020288.JPG........

Last edited:
Water was plentiful........ but in 2 to 3 weeks probly not, its very dry

So awesome. Where did you enter/exit?

Wish I had spent more time there when I went. Only was there for two nights, so we didn't get to see a ton of stuff.

Went in Point Lookout canyon, down to the San Juan, up main Slickhorn, dayhike is 4th fork, looped the 1st and 2nd fork, out the 3rd fork .... didnt want to backtrack much

Last edited:
Great inspiration to get down their Bob!! How many days would you recommend?

My route? Min 4 ... Depends on how much you want to poke around. There is a lot. Water could limit you if wrong time if year

Super cool! I hope the water hangs around a bit longer, I'd like to explore this area soon!

My route? Min 4 ... Depends on how much you want to poke around. There is a lot. Water could limit you if wrong time if year
Thanks bob- about what I anticipated. Have had this on the radar for late March the last few years and had it bumped for one reason or another.

Need to get to Cedar Mesa someday. Thanks for the pics Bob.

Awesome trip! The cliff dwellings there look really well preserved. Looks like you were able to explore several.

That looks like a great trip. I've only hiked the bottom few miles from a San Juan river trip. Your trip report is inspiration for me to plan a trip down there next spring. Thanks for sharing!

Hmmm...seems like i saw a lot of similar photos yesterday...oh yeah, that's right, I did. Joey! Looks like a great trip. Plans are set for a trip with my friend Devin, my wife and collectively our first trip with Joey next month. Can't wait. Hope my wife can put up with us. :lol:

Hmmm...seems like i saw a lot of similar photos yesterday...oh yeah, that's right, I did. Joey! Looks like a great trip. Plans are set for a trip with my friend Devin, my wife and collectively our first trip with Joey next month. Can't wait. Hope my wife can put up with us. :lol:
Joey...... The phantom ..... Yes he was with us. Don't let him hike you to dark..... Lol

Where's he posting photos?

Back