Album Signs

With as many road signs I've found along old closed roads, they'll probably just leave them like they always seem to do!
I've seen some of those as well. At the Wedge, there's an old, closed and barricaded road that, if you follow it long enough, has some signs along it stating that it's open for vehicular travel and camping. But what I meant is that I'll be the one tearing out the "Road Closed" signs on the Spur Road.

Had to post a couple more favorite signs.

Bishop's Castle, Colorado. Those rascally taxpayers..........
P9147929.jpg

Dang! How am I going to get through now??? Charleston, South Carolina
PC220273.jpg

Last edited:
Thought I'd put up another favorite sign. This is in Ash Hollow State Historical Park in Western Nebraska. It's out in the boonies not really near anywhere. A quiet and lonesome place now but but in the mid 1800's a half million people passed this spot heading west.

P7229060.jpg

At the State Park Headquarters there is an aerial photo of this area taken in the fall. The location of the Oregon Trail is quite distinct because the grass along the Trail is a different color than the surrounding grass. Apparently the multitude of wagons destroyed everything growing along the route and one particular kind of native prairie grass was able to recolonize better than the others. I guess it went dormant and changed color sooner in the fall than the other kinds.

Last edited:
e4f972267c86a3b9c3b70258b162fb4c.jpg

One from elk season a couple years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P1030299 copy 2.jpg
At West Bragg Creek, Alberta. As much as I tend to dislike the proliferation of "signage" in parks, this one was very much needed, as a few non-skiers were still trashing the groomed tracks, despite the building of a large network of "all season" trails that gave plenty of options away from the ski trails.

D7EE5DC6-2EFE-4B3A-B56A-566863FF5F0C.jpeg

03E735D0-FF59-45D5-8A1D-3C8499BFE3A4.jpeg

As the years pass on and I continue to spend more time around Wyoming, I’ve taken the time to slow and stop at some of the roadside points of interest. This one is right in between the east and westbound lanes of interstate 80 west of Cheyenne. There is an interesting related documentary (for those with an extra hour) from the Wyoming Public Television YouTube channel :