Album Signs

Here's the very top of a sign. More info below... http://adventr.co/2011/06/white-river-area-rock-art/

A Thousand Year Old Record, Gone in A Day!
by Randy Langstraat, on Flickr

Rock art is thought to represent the spiritual expression of people who lived here long ago. The fremont people who lived here from about AD 500 to AD 1100 left symbols on the rock which had tremendous meaning to them. The Shield site remains an example of what vandalism can do to a once beautiful and interesting archaeological site.

Parties, camping, tree cutting and outright deliberate destruction of the rock art have destroyed this site. No scientific knowlege will ever be gained here. No quiet enjoyment is possible. And, no one can feel anything but sorrow while viewing the remains of symbols left by people over a thousand years ago.

It belongs to you.

Hah, that wasn't there the last time I was there! Have you heard of any rock art on the private property there? Scott P. once told me about hiking up the canyon in the 80s and seeing some pictos that are now off-limits due to the fence/gate.

I haven't heard of anything, but it would be a place I'd look if it weren't for the private property.

The real question is, where will they go once freed? Will they run amok and create havoc and mayhem in the streets? Will Petco stock crash?