Sierra Designs High Route 1FL Tent - Looks interesting

Looks a lot like the TarpTent Stratospire with a few modifications. I read a little more about this tent and Sierra Designs actually came up with their prototype before they even knew about the Stratospire. I have a Stratospire 2 and have been very impressed with it's robustness and weight. I'd imagine this one is just as good.

Last edited:
Looks nice but I doubt I can sneak it into the house. At 200.00 for a pair of boots and two pairs a year, which is what I use, that's 1.5 pairs of boots for one tent. My 1 person tent costs 90 bucks, weighs a pound and a half more then this one. I'll save the $ and spend it on boots, food, and gas going to and from.

Looks nice but I doubt I can sneak it into the house. At 200.00 for a pair of boots and two pairs a year, which is what I use, that's 1.5 pairs of boots for one tent. My 1 person tent costs 90 bucks, weighs a pound and a half more then this one. I'll save the $ and spend it on boots, food, and gas going to and from.

Saaaaad :( Way too often it does seem to come down to what we can sneak into the house doesn't it ? :(

I picked up a pair of Vasques and a North Face 3 person tent on the way home. The tent was stashed in the garage. The Vasques were buried in the basement closet.

That much weight reduction is worth it......Id bypass a pair of boots......But I really like my tarptent Rainbow.
Must be good by who designed it..... hehe

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Perry Anyone Have any Experience with Sierra Designs Nitro 800 0-degree Sleeping Bag Gear 11
Deadeye008 Sierra Designs DriDown Gear 5
Tim Valentine Eastern Sierra Backpack 2023 Backpacking 16
balzaccom Good Sierra History here General Discussion 1
Timber High Sierra - North Lake to South Lake Loop - Layover Day Trip Planning 9
balzaccom Sierra Myseries continue General Discussion 0
balzaccom Sierra Passes are opening General Discussion 0
NorthwestWanderer 8 Day High Sierra trek : Humphreys Basin, Star Col, Granite Park, Lake Italy & Piute Canyon 6/25-7/2/22 Backpacking 7
balzaccom Dry winter for the Sierra--again! General Discussion 0
Kerrie at Thru We Go Packraft Trip in the Sierra Nevada Mountains Trip Reports 3
balzaccom Sierra Mystery General Discussion 3
B 1-2 Night Sierra Trip Help Trip Planning 3
norwegianxplorer Hiking Sierra de las Nieves, Spain. Sunrise hike from Yunquera, Andalusia, Wild boar and Spanish Ibex Hiking & Camping 0
balzaccom My second mystery novel set in the High Sierra is now out! General Discussion 6
balzaccom Gibbs Lake, High Sierra Backpacking 2
Chuck the Mauler Sierra North Lake / South Lake "loop" questions Trip Planning 10
fossana Palisades Roundabout (High Sierra) Backpacking 12
fossana Evolution Loop (High Sierra) Hiking & Camping 10
balzaccom Mystery set in the High Sierra General Discussion 4
norwegianxplorer Summiting Mount Whitney from Guitar Lake, 6 Days backpacking the Sierra before the Creek Fire closed everything down. Backpacking 5
Tarp Boy High Sierra Camp Loop, Yosemite, CA Trip Reports 5
balzaccom Sierra (Nevada) Stories General Discussion 0
Tim Valentine Big Pine Creek Eastern Sierra Backpacking 10
fossana Bear Lakes > Royce Lakes overnighter (High Sierra) Backpacking 12
J Cali: Cinder Cones, High Sierra Rambles, Famous Domes Oct 26-31, 2018 Hiking & Camping 3
fossana Pine Creek/Granite Park fall excursion (High Sierra) Hiking & Camping 14
wsp_scott A week in the Sierra Nevada Backpacking 23
Boognish Four days in the High Sierra Backpacking 10
mikejones3 Northfork to Second Lake Eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains Backpacking 5
scatman High Sierra Trail Backpacking 23
K In Search of Snow in the Eastern Sierra Backpacking 3
KevinBoyer South Lake to North Lake Sierra Nevada Trip Planning 4
balzaccom Trail work in the Sierra Backpacking 0
Tim Valentine Sierra 2017 Ansel Adams Wilderness Backpacking 11
scatman The Theodore Solomon's Trail (southern portion), Sierra Nevada - July 6, 2017 Backpacking 14
balzaccom Buckeye Creek, Eastern Sierra on the 4th of July Backpacking 0
Tim Valentine High Sierra Lakes Tour Backpacking 11
isleroyaleguy 170 Miles in the Sierra Nevada Backpacking 22
balzaccom Blue skies and green trees in the Sierra Nevada General Discussion 0
SKLund Sierra Negra Hiking & Camping 0
westy Sierra South - SEKI, Rock Creek aka Miter Basin Backpacking 5
BryanG Sequoia National Forest - Sierra Nevada, CA Backpacking 5
westy Sierra North Backpacking 3
Mike Jones High Sierra Trail to Mt Whitney through hike Backpacking 11
balzaccom Carson Iceberg Wilderness, Sierra Backpacking 1
Mike Jones High Sierra Trail to Mt Whitney Trip Planning 11
balzaccom Protecting the Sierra Resource Discussions 1