Sewing on a daisy chain

lgpjr49

Has anyone ever sewn a daisy chain into the bottom of a back? I need a place to strap my sleeping bad to. I mostly do light overnight trips and with food and other here I have no room for it. I have a kestrel 32 and I am gonna call osprey tomo and see if I can send it back to them and get them to put the sleeping bag straps on it. If they can (and or will) do it then that should solve all my problems.

Has anyone ever sewn a daisy chain into the bottom of a back? I need a place to strap my sleeping bad to. I mostly do light overnight trips and with food and other here I have no room for it. I have a kestrel 32 and I am gonna call osprey tomo and see if I can send it back to them and get them to put the sleeping bag straps on it. If they can (and or will) do it then that should solve all my problems.

I wish I knew where you hail from! I don't want to waist your time if your not local, to take advantage of these folks... sewing a heavy strap on to a lighter pack material is a little tricky... you can do more damage than good if your angles aren't right. You can over stitch it and severely weaken your bag, under stitch and have the strap tear off, then there's the issue of compromising your rain resistance too.... if your in the Salt lake city area, there are several canvas experts worth chatting with, these guys have the sewing machines, and the expertise to do it right.... all recommended By the good folks at Kirkhams AAA tent and Awning, who pioneered the springbar tent, (and are too busy to custom work anymore)
Sharps Tarps 801 972 3232
Tentman, 801 261 4744
Custom Covers, 801 262 4017
hope that helps!