Sawtooth Wilderness Petit Lake / Toxiway lake / Allice lake loop

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

toddfw2003

I am backpacking the loop at the end of Aug. There is a pass between Alice lake and Toxiway lake. How much exposure is there on that pass. Is it a vertical drop next to the trail or just a slope. Hard to tell from video. It looks pretty steep on a topo map. I am not a big fan of expsure. The hike down the Bright Angel trl in to the GC was about all the exposure I could handly. Angels landing would be out of the question

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Rockskipper

No ETA
I understand your dislike of exposure. I'm the same way. It will ruin a trip for me if I find myself in a bad place, and even though I've climbed some places that were pretty exposed, I prefer not to. My dad was the same way, even though he climbed towers for a living.

Mike K

I don't remember it being bad at all. I don't like really bad exposure either.

Bob

Trailmaster
Main trails in Sawtooths are way too decent.....

toddfw2003

Ok. Sounds like it isnt going to be too bad. Most of the people are telling me the same on other forums. I certain part of the pass on the alice lake side of the pass looks steep on a topo map. but maybe not as bad as I think