REI Attic Vs. Garage Sale

uintahiker

Adventure Guru
I was in REI a month or so ago and noticed the have an Attic area in the same spot as the gear rental place. Anybody know about this as it is new since the last time I was in?

Will it be a full-time thing?
Does it replace their garage sales?

From what I understand it's not a replacement, but just an added bonus. FWIW, I was told by an employee (at the 3300 store) about a month ago that they'd be removing the "Attic" soon to make room for all the winter rental gear, but to look for it to return again in the spring. Sure hope so, I found some remarkable deals in there this summer.

From what I understand it's not a replacement, but just an added bonus. FWIW, I was told by an employee (at the 3300 store) about a month ago that they'd be removing the "Attic" soon to make room for all the winter rental gear, but to look for it to return again in the spring. Sure hope so, I found some remarkable deals in there this summer.

Nice! I picked up some new to me shoes in there for 1/3 of retail.

I geared myself up almost completely this year at the ongoing attic sale and a couple of the garage sales. The prices are the same in both. The garage sales have a ton of stuff, but is a feeding frenzy. The attic sale is great if you can just swing by and forage when you are in the neighborhood, and is hit or miss. Bottom line, I love the attic sale, and am glad that they will bring it back after winter rentals are done.