Album Reflections

Great video. :)
I saw this kind of reflections many times on the upper Escalante and in canyons too.
On the darker SS in the background they are much better than yellow or white.

Gesendet von iPad mit CrapaTalk

Went up to Rainier a few weeks ago. Wanted to get up to a less known area, but when we arrived at the TH at 3am, the weather was iffy - so I went with my instinct. Glad I did, as it was super fogged in. After the sunrise, we came back here (as it was most likely my last trip up here for a while) and got ok conditions. reflection.jpg

A local lake here in Nebraska
DSC01206-XL.jpg

It's crazy how many herons I see hanging around Glen Canyon. Granted, I haven't seen them as much in the upper Escalante, but it seems logical that they would be there too. And it could be just one or two herons making all those tracks. It looks like they're all going the same way, but they could have flown back and repeated their course for some reason. They look like turkey tracks too though.

The only thing I can compare is the Mya prints in that photo.

They look very similar. I wonder which is more common in GSENM.
During Crane migration I'll bet they are. Outside of that I'll bet Heron. Too bad you didn't measure them. Did you taste them? Very valuable data...

During Crane migration I'll bet they are. Outside of that I'll bet Heron. Too bad you didn't measure them. Did you taste them? Very valuable data...

What was I thinking? Why didn't I lick the ground!?!

Back