Rattlesnake Arches- Fruita, Colorado

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

tomcat32

While Utah is know for its desert scenery with red sandstone towers, canyons, and arches; Colorado has its own desert terrain. Colorado is known for its loft peaks more than its desert. On the Western Slope around Fruita, your less than 20 miles from the Utah border. In this high desert is some of Colorado's most interesting terrain. Rattlesnake Canyon Arches in the Black Ridge Canyons Wilderness (McInnis National Conservation Area) boasts the densest concentration of arches outside of Arches NP. There are also numerous deep canyons and beautiful striated red sandstone towers and features. I have the full trip report at my blog link below with many photos. (Click the photos in the link for full size images)

http://tomcatoutdoors.blogspot.com/2017/02/hiking-rattlesnake-canyon-arches.html

Below is a small sampling of photos. Check out the blog for the full gallery

Hole in the Bridge Arch

Rattlesnake Arch

Window Rock Tower

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Nodust

Awwww. Now just one more place i really want to go see. I need a year or two off of work.

Nice photos

Rockskipper

No ETA
I spent some great time hiking around in there and camping, but it was a long time ago - maybe 1995. The road was real rough.